OverviewPelican International inc. Brand champion / English copywriter Contract in Laval, QC
Pelican International inc.
Branch Laval QC CA
Brand champion / English copywriter
Make required follow-up with consultants & service providers. Promote Pelican and Elie’s presence on such events on social Medias – Ex….
The position is under the supervision of the Director, Marketing and Communications. Job description: – Create and edit stimulating content on different web platforms and mediums (Pelican & Elie web sites, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), to increase Pelican and Elie’s Brand awareness. Elevate Pelican and Elie’s brand presence on various digital platforms, through strategic and creative content initiatives aimed at actual and potential new consumers. – Create and maintain a global schedule for regular content updates on web sites, social Medias and traditional Medias.
Monitor new content reach and impact on a regular basis via available tools (Google analytics, etc.). Manage content life cycle on the company’s web sites to maintain consumer traffic and valuable interest. – Participate concretely or virtually in various commercial sports events. Promote Pelican and Elie’s presence on such events on social Medias – Ex.
specialised tradeshows, paddling activities, fishing tournament, etc. Create specific content on an ad hoc basis. – Engage from time to time in direct conversation with consumers – be the company’s voice – via Social Medias. – Write Synopsis, scripts and content for educational, promotional or product videos.
Make required follow-up with consultants & service providers. – Partner with different stakeholder across the company (Sales Team, Agencies, Clientele Service, HR, etc.) to develop and distribute content for maximum synergy and impact. – Team up with Pelican graphic design team to maximise visual and written content impact. Define quality standards and evangelize writing best practices across the organization.
- Create written material for all possible touch points with consumers (product romances, product tags, Brand history, catalogue content, massive email campaigns, specialised magazines, paddling web sites, etc.). Make sure all messages are in tune with the Brand strategy. – Watch for best practices on the web and in similar industries to get creative insights and inspiration. – Deliver measurable and strategic value for the brand.
- Carry out all other related tasks. Required experience: – 2 to 7 years of experience in written content creation ideally across different digital channels. Experience in traditional Medias, an asset. – Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English Literature, Commercial Writing or other related training considered equivalent.
- Strong talent for commercial / applied creative writing. At ease in creating exciting content in a consumer-centric, fast-paced, stimulating outdoor company. – Excellent knowledge and experience of web platforms, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc. True passion and curiosity for these mediums.
- True passion for nautical sports and sporting goods in general. – Bilingual (written and spoken). A major part of the work is to be done in English. Must have impeccable written English.
- Excellent knowledge of the Office suite. – Experience managing social media content production and working with various mediums (photography, video, graphic arts, blogs, etc.). – Experience with Google Analytics, an asset. – Impeccable judgement and work ethic, as being one of the company’s spokesperson.
At ease when in direct contact with the public. – Excellent analytical capacity. – Good sense of organisation, autonomy, inquisitive spirit, good team spirit, good verbal communication skills.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Laval, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-08