OverviewPeel Regional Police Analyst-Jr Financial Planning Full Time in Brampton, ON
Peel Regional Police
Branch Brampton ON CA
Analyst-Jr Financial Planning
Consolidates the current and capital budgets for submission to Senior Police Management, the Police Services Board and Regional Council….
The Analyst-Jr Financial Planning is responsible for consolidating, forecasting, monitoring, and reporting on current and capital budget information and revenue/recovery program activity.
Maintains databases related to budgets, forecasts, complement and organizational chart.
Compiles, monitors, analyzes, forecasts and reports on portions of the salary/wage budget, operating cost activity and capital projects.
Consolidates the current and capital budgets for submission to Senior Police Management, the Police Services Board and Regional Council.
Prepares reconciliations, year-end schedules, accruals, cost allocations and adjusting entries.
Assists in the preparation of external service fees, semi-annual reporting, and portions of the salary/wage budget.
May assist with the provision of financial support to Finance and Planning Cost Centre Manager, including preparing budget and actual redeployments, financial adjustments, year-end accruals, capital project closures, etc. as required.
Provides support to the Analyst-Financial Planning and Supervisor as required.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
- A University Degree in finance/business or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year directly related experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems used in development of financial forecasting models
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of related computer applications pertinent to the function
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
Applicants will be required to successfully complete the following tests:
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- Financial Exercises
Software skill levels have been determined on the basis of those identified in the Position Analysis Questionnaire (PAQ). Members applying to a position requiring a higher proficiency level than their current position requires, will be required to demonstrate such proficiency through applicable Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 testing to be eligible for advancement to the interview stage of the process.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11