OverviewPeace River Hydro Construction Junior RCC Superintendent Full Time in Fort St. John, BC
Peace River Hydro Construction
Branch Fort St. John BC CA
Junior RCC Superintendent
Fort St. John, BC
Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast. Junior RCC Superintendent….
Employer: Peace River Hydro Partners
Location: 7007 269 Road Fort St John, BC
Term: Full time, permanent
Hours: 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am, 14 days in and 7 days out
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, AD&D, LTD, life insurance, room and board onsite at camp facilities room and board onsite at camp facilities
Vacation: 15 paid vacation days per year
Other: Discretionary bonus
Reporting to the Construction Manager – RCC, the Junior RCC Superintendent will be responsible for achieving optimum utilization of the equipment, material and labour, thus, maximizing production and minimizing costs in the area of assigned responsibility. All of this is to be accomplished in conjunction with practicing ethical business transactions, adhering to the corporate policies, values and beliefs while pursuing the company’s short and long range goals. An in-depth knowledge of all contractual requirements, plans and specification will be required. The RCC Superintendent will be responsible for developing a high performing team that works cooperatively with all owner and subcontractors representatives during the production and placement of high quality RCC for the Site C project.
- Continuously review processing schedules and production to direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, to ensure placement activities are planned with consideration for labour, equipment, materials, weather, etc.
- Working closely and cooperatively with the technical personnel to establish the specific mixture parameters such as the amount of aggregates, the amount of water, or the amount of cementitious materials.
- Understanding of the RCC product parameters for the Site C applications and make adjustments to product and placement to meet a required level of consistency, measured as the time required for a given mass of concrete to be consolidated by external vibration.
- Preparation of construction work plans and look-ahead schedules
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develop budgets or approve expenditures for supplies, materials, or human resources, ensuring that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Initiate or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, or statistical studies.
- Negotiate materials prices with suppliers.
- Implement all company policies and WorkSafeBC regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- Ensures company resources are being utilized efficiently to meet production requirements.
- Ensures the RCC product specifications are within tolerance by working with QC department.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
# of Hires Needed
- 5 years of large-scale and high-value civil infrastructure construction experience
- 3 years of RCC Dam construction experience in a supervisory role
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RCC construction and engineering principles and practices
- Strong organization/time management skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Saint John, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-01