OverviewPCL Constructors Canada Inc. Superintendent Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures….
Superintendent – Winnipeg – 170000LU
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Superintendent for our Winnipeg District office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba .
- Create, maintain and execute the project plan and schedule and ensures compliance with budget
- Supervise and coordinate all construction activities
- Supervise, direct, coach and train Assistant Superintendents, Coordinators, Surveyors, Students, Hourly Foreman and Hourly staff assigned to project
- Create site specific plans and procedures; ensures the implementation of PCL’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite; adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements; integrate PCL’s Safety Program in all site specific plans and procedures to ensure a safe work environment; adhere to all safety and record keeping requirements
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meet the project quality standards and design requirements
- Obtain necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and owners
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts; anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties
- Maintain the project’s Daily Job Diary
- 2 year college diploma and/or apprenticeship in related trades
- 8 – 10 years of construction related experience
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and company operations specifically construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures
- Ability to manage projects with values of $30 – $70M
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook and internal operational systems
- Ability to lead and assess trade performance on the job
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges
- Ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules
- Can visualize and create the project schedule’s critical path
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency
- Ability to manage others and many facets of the construction project and assume responsibility
- Understands when to seek out professional advice
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
Employee Status : Regular Full-time
Job Level : Experienced Professional
Company : PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
Primary Location : Manitoba-Winnipeg
Job Posting : Jan 4, 2018, 9:46:36 PM
Closing Date : Jan 17, 2018, 5:59:00 AM
Job : Superintendent
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10