OverviewParrish & Heimbecker Limited Lab Technician Temporary in Montréal, QC
Parrish & Heimbecker Limited
Branch Montréal QC CA
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing lab testing and recording overall results to ensure compliance with our…
Parrish & Heimbecker is an exciting place to develop a career in agriculture, agriculture processing and food processing. With more than 60 locations coast to coast, we can offer you a unique opportunity to make your mark in a growth-oriented Canadian agricultural company. Our mandate is to support Canadian producers and food manufacturers who grow and sell their crops and baked goods to global markets.
Our success comes from a well-established network of assets, ongoing infrastructure development and strong business relationships that we nurture with farmers and suppliers. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing lab testing and recording overall results to ensure compliance with our Quality programs and customer specifications.
Duties and responsiblities
- Conduct flour analysis and raw material analysis as per the Laboratory Testing Schedule
- Submit samples for third party testing and participating in check sample services
- Maintaining all laboratory equipment and ensuring proper calibration
- Monitor the quality of product on a regular basis including troubleshooting when required
- Prepare a Certificate of Analysis and a sample for every shipment
- Maintain documents and records in accordance with P&H policies and procedures
- Maintain the Supplier Approval Program
- Assist with the maintenance of the Quality Manual, including periodic review and updating of Standard Operating Procedures and Forms
- Assist with third Party Audits
- A diploma/degree in Food Science or equivalent training and experience.
- Familiarity with common laboratory equipment similar but not limited to: Alveograph, Farinograph, Amylograph, Moisture and Ash ovens, Near Infrared.
- Working experience with formal food safety management systems
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05