OverviewParkland Fuel Corporation Summer Student – Development Projects Temporary in Red Deer, AB
Parkland Fuel Corporation
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Summer Student – Development Projects
Red Deer, AB
If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview….
Position Summary Company Profile:
Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, and Superpumper Inc.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
The successful candidate will play a key role within Parkland’s Corporate Real Estate and Development department providing support to the Real Estate and Construction group. The successful candidate will have the potential to provide significant value ad work to the division. The CRE summer student provides accurate, relevant and timely information and work with various project leads to enable them to hit their business objectives. The anticipated term will begin in May 2017 for four months.
- Support and coordinate (as required) various elements of Construction and Real Estate Projects;
- Develop professional technical Real Estate Market Assessments in key growth areas;
- Liaise with key Project and Real Estate related personnel to update project milestone reports;
- Support the organization of department offsite semi-annual meeting and related functions;
- Provide vacation relief for various admin / support staff;
- Other ad hoc related functions and support.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Enrolled in a related post-secondary program and or;
- Experience in project / function organization / coordination and;
- Experience developing Real Estate Market Assessments;
- Computer skills working with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook are required;
- Must have the ability to work in an office environment with multiple projects and deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal (written and verbal) skills necessary to interact with employees at all levels; of the organization, as well as with external contacts;
- Self-motivated and proactive approach and work ethic.
Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca .
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions; however only those being considered will be contacted .
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Fuel Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10