OverviewParkland Fuel Corporation Payroll Administrator (Term) Contract in Red Deer, AB
Parkland Fuel Corporation
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Payroll Administrator (Term)
Red Deer, AB
Position Summary Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and…
Position Summary Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, and Superpumper Inc.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
Reporting to the HRIS Manager, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the collection and preparation of payroll information in order to meet bi-weekly deadlines. The position is responsible for a group of hourly and salaried employees and/or companies.
This is a 12 month term position, based out of Parkland’s Red Deer office.
• Calculates, enters, and verifies employee timesheets
• Understands and applies provincial Labour Standards regulations on a national basis
• Compiles and prepares reports, presentations, and/or personnel statistics as required
• Responsible for vacation accrual maintenance and reporting
• Responsible for maintaining the personnel files
• Process new hires, terminations, and ROE’s as required
• Address staff concerns via email, phone, or in person
• All other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills:
• 1-2 years’ experience in a full cycle payroll function for 350+ employees
• Must possess a CPA level 1 certificate (Payroll Compliance Practitioner)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Proficient working knowledge in Excel
• Self-starter with the willingness to dig for answers
• Ability to work independently as well as in a dynamic team environment
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidential information is critical
Our main priority at Parkland is our people. As an employee, you can expect a fair workplace, a professional work environment, competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and a share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and our Annual Incentive Plan.
Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland Industries Limited is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06