OverviewParkland Fuel Corporation Driver, class 3 – DZ (Seasonal) Temporary in Stellarton, NS
Parkland Fuel Corporation
Branch Stellarton NS CA
Driver, class 3 – DZ (Seasonal)
All job assessment, selection materials and procedures, including application forms, testing materials and interviews, are available in accessible formats and…
Position Summary This position’s purpose is to provide reliable and professional product transportation service to customers and from suppliers with safety as a top priority. You will work independently, operating and maintaining commercial vehicles while completing all tasks related to loading and delivering of fuel, propane, heating oil and/or lubricants to our customers.
Reporting to the Branch Manager the DZ Driver will be responsible for:
- Daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Perform minor maintenance tasks on commercial vehicles when necessary
- Fueling the vehicles
- Ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported
- Documenting customer usage
- Preparing trip reports
- Preparing accident and incident reports as necessary
- Providing services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service
Qualifications and Skills:
- DZ license with an abstract acceptable to the Employer Minimum of 2 years experience driving a DZ vehicle
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the federal and provincial Governments.
- Understand log book recording and regulatory compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and to perform basic vehicle repairs
- Possess reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route direction
- Ability to lift heavy objects (approx 50 lbs.)
Parkland Fuel Corporation requires that a pre-employment driving evaluation as well as drug, alcohol and medical evaluation are completed prior to hiring.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and enthusiastic individual looking for a career with a vibrant and growth oriented company. If you are up to the challenge we want to hear from you!
Our main priority at Parkland is our people. As an employee, you can expect a fair workplace, a professional work environment, competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and a share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and our Annual Incentive Plan.
Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland is Canada’s largest independent marketer and distributor of fuels, managing a nationwide network of sales channels for retail, commercial, wholesale, and home heat. Through our operations we deliver competitive fuel products and serve communities through local operators who care. We are publicly-traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “PKI” and have revenues exceeding $4 billion. Our family of brands includes: Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Fas Gas Plus, Island Petroleum, Race Trac, and Sparling’s Propane.
Our growth strategy is built on acquisitions. In 2013, we have acquired several companies, including Elbow River Marketing which has a large rail fleet of over 1,000 rail cars and Sparlings Propane which sells and distributes propane in the Ontario market. As of January 2014, we have also expanded into the United States with the acquisition of SPF Energy. SPF Energy Inc. supplies and distributes refined petroleum products throughout North Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Parkland Industries Limited is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. All job assessment, selection materials and procedures, including application forms, testing materials and interviews, are available in accessible formats and methods upon request.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Stellarton, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24