OverviewParkland Fuel Corporation Driver, Class 1 (Seasonal) Temporary in Weyburn, SK
Parkland Fuel Corporation
Branch Weyburn SK CA
Driver, Class 1 (Seasonal)
They will perform all job functions in a safe manner, including the use of PPE (personal protective equipment) as required and will report any unsafe acts when…
Position Summary Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Driver will operate a truck to deliver petroleum products to customers. The incumbent is responsible for the safe, proper, and efficient completion of assigned duties and operation of his/her vehicle, within Company Policy. They will perform all job functions in a safe manner, including the use of PPE (personal protective equipment) as required and will report any unsafe acts when viewed or identified.
This is a seasonal position running until the end of March, 2017.
- Loads and unloads truck with petroleum products adhering to all Company and Governmental regulations.
- Operates truck according to Company policies and provincial/federal laws. Transports load over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Chocks rear wheels of truck and trailer before any unloading takes place. Removes chocks before driving away from delivery.
- Completes and submits all paperwork in compliance with established Company procedures.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly safety inspections on trucks, equipment and/or facilities as required by Company policy.
- Maintains miscellaneous service duties such as checking, on a daily basis, oil, water, fuel, tires and tank related items.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions and/or concerns to Supervisor and/or Dispatcher.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use loading arms and card readers at rack facilities and use spill kits and fire extinguisher.
- Perform specific tasks as assigned by Supervisor and/or Dispatcher
- Promote and support Company image standards, and provide courteous customer service to all stake holders.
- Follow the work schedule as dispatched; be open to working shifts.
- Stay familiar with the Company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure the Supervisor and/or Dispatcher is made aware of any operating discrepancies.
- All other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s license
- Clean CVOR/personal driving record within Company standards
- Meet physical and medical requirements, pass substance abuse screening and agree to random substance abuse screenings as required by Company Policy
This is an opportunity for a professional, ambitious and enthusiastic team player looking for a career with a fast-paced and growth oriented company. If you are up to the challenge and want to work with a dynamic and fun team, we want to hear from you!
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca
Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, and Superpumper Inc.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Weyburn, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01