OverviewParkland Fuel Corporation Driver, Class 1 (Part-Time Term) Contract in Weyburn, SK
Parkland Fuel Corporation
Branch Weyburn SK CA
Driver, Class 1 (Part-Time Term)
Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and to perform basic vehicle repairs. Perform minor maintenance tasks on commercial vehicles when necessary….
Position Summary This position’s purpose is to provide reliable and professional product transportation service to customers and from suppliers with safety as a top priority. You will work independently, operating and maintaining commercial vehicles while completing all tasks related to loading and delivering of fuel, propane, heating oil and/or lubricants to our customers. This position is a Part-Time Term position from June 1, 2015 until May 31, 2016.
Reporting to the Branch Manager the Casual Driver (Class 1) will be responsible for:
- Daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Perform minor maintenance tasks on commercial vehicles when necessary
- Fueling the vehicles
- Ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported
- Documenting customer usage
- Preparing trip reports
- Preparing accident and incident reports as necessary
- Providing other services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service
Qualifications and Skills:
- Class 1 license with an abstract acceptable to the Employer
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the federal and provincial Governments
- Understand log book recording and regulatory compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and to perform basic vehicle repairs
- Possess reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions
How to apply:
- Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca
- Please include current (less than 30 days old) Commercial Abstract with your application.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and enthusiastic individual looking for a career with a vibrant and growth oriented company. If you are up to the challenge we want to hear from you!
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in these positions, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland is Canada’s largest independent marketer and distributor of fuels, managing a nationwide network of sales channels for retail, commercial, wholesale, and home heat. Through our operations we deliver competitive fuel products and serve communities through local operators who care. We are publicly-traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “PKI” and have revenues exceeding $4 billion. Our family of brands includes: Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Fas Gas Plus, Island Petroleum, Race Trac, and Sparling’s Propane.
Our growth strategy is built on acquisitions. In 2013, we have acquired several companies, including Elbow River Marketing which has a large rail fleet of over 1,000 rail cars and Sparlings Propane which sells and distributes propane in the Ontario market. As of January 2014, we have also expanded into the United States with the acquisition of SPF Energy. SPF Energy Inc. supplies and distributes refined petroleum products throughout North Dakota, Montana, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Weyburn, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23