OverviewParkland Fuel Corporation Branch Manager Full Time in Stellarton, NS
Parkland Fuel Corporation
Branch Stellarton NS CA
Ensure Health, Safety & Environmental policies are adhered to and all employees abide by hours of work and safe work practices….
The Branch Manager role is responsible for the overall performance of the business unit, which includes meeting key corporate goals and objectives. Supervises day-to-day operations and generates sales revenue by managing current customer relationships and calling on prospective customers.
- Ensure Health, Safety & Environmental policies are adhered to and all employees abide by hours of work and safe work practices
- Provides coaching and development of the team, ensures good succession planning
- Ensures a good work environment for employees consistent with Parkland’s values, policies and best practices
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the branch to ensure all tasks are conducted correctly and efficiently
- Generates sales revenues
- Reviews financial statements and budgets and address areas of concern to hit plan targets. Analyzes branch finances and operations to optimize productivity and costs.
- Manages current customer relationships.
- Coordinates – conducts product ordering for the branch when supply is low and manages the product inventory to ensure the supply is replenished when needed. Oversees the monthly inventory process to ensure all product balances properly
- Provides product knowledge and solutions to customers and employees when needed
- Oversees the maintenance of property and equipment at the branch to ensure everything is accounted for and remains in working order
- Coordinates service needs with vendors including companies specializing in delivery, janitorial services, rentals, and maintenance
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of the Branch Manager’s Handbook, and other handbooks associated with the business
- Liaises with various parties on a regular basis including , other branches, and internal departments including Pricing and Credit
- Addresses all customer issues involving pricing and deliveries by reviewing details relevant to the situation and listening to customer. Develops a solution that meets the customer’s needs in order to maintain the business relationship
- Assigns, checks, coordinates, and schedules the work of employees (including leaves, vacations etc.); interviews prospective employees, recommends candidates, and hires new employees; disciplines subordinates and conducts employee appraisals; establishes work priorities and determines staff requirements.
- University degree and/or 5+ years progressive experience with a focus in operations management, business accounting, marketing, and sales
- Industry knowledge relating to energy distribution desired.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven leadership ability while maintaining a pleasant and friendly manner is necessary
Our main priority at Parkland is our people. As an employee, you can expect a fair workplace, a professional work environment, competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and a share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and our Annual Incentive Plan.
Send us your resume today online at www.parkland.ca
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, and Superpumper Inc.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
Parkland Industries Limited is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Stellarton, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08