OverviewParkinson Alberta Society Marketing and Communications Coordinator Contract in Calgary, AB
Parkinson Alberta Society
Branch Calgary AB CA
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
A university degree or college diploma with a minimum of 2 years progressive experience in marketing and graphic design….
Marketing and Communications Coordinator – Calgary
Full-time Contract (35 hrs/week)
Parkinson Alberta Society is the voice of Albertans and their families living with Parkinson disease. Our purpose is to ease the burden through advocacy, education and client services and to find a cure through research.
Parkinson Alberta Society is looking to fill a full-time contract Marketing and Communications Coordinator position. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic digital and traditional communicator with a keen sense of the creative and a penchant for out-of-the box thinking. They will have a strong background in marketing, design and online platforms. They are self-motivated, highly organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment and will possess strong design, oral & writing skills, and expertise in social media.
Marketing – including design work
- Social media
- Maintain and continue to develop relationships with members of the media
- A university degree or college diploma with a minimum of 2 years progressive experience in marketing and graphic design
- Strong working knowledge of social media including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Strong working knowledge of CMS platforms (ShoutCMS knowledge is an asset)
- Working knowledge of online marketing platforms (Constant Contact knowledge is an asset) and SEO
- Strong working knowledge of desktop design programs ie InDesign and Photoshop etc
- Strong knowledge of Web, Social Media and Marketing Analytics
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to think creatively and initiate projects
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work independently with deadlines, multiple projects, problem solving
- Detail and process oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Interest in learning new skills, expanding knowledge into new areas
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High pressure role with competing demands and juggling priorities
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required
- Occasional travel is required
- This position requires access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license. A criminal records check is a condition of employment
Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to one of the following:
Enter in subject line: MarCom
Mail: Parkinson Alberta
Attn: Maria Iandolo, Executive Assistant
102, 5636 Burbank Cres SE
Calgary, AB T2H 1Z6
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Parkinson Alberta Society is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01