OverviewPackaging Machine Cleaner in Bramalea, ON
Branch Bramalea ON CA
Packaging Machine Cleaner
Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act. The above…
PACKAGING MACHINES CLEANER
Works under the direction of the Sanitation/Production Shift Supervisors as a member of a team with key responsibility for cleaning the Manufacturing areas and machinery therein.
– Requires up to 2 weeks training.
Common to all Bartelt Machines
– Maintains a high degree of personal hygiene and keeps work area in a clean and sanitary condition in compliance with GMP standards.
– Responsible for cleaning/sanitizing machines at changeover as per production schedule.
– Clean all areas of machines, conveyor belts, elevators and case packers.
– Clean platforms, plexiglass and framework
– Removes debris, vacuums and uses the air hose.
– Clean and mops floors in soup room.
– Cleans carton racks.
– Clean ink spills and replaces ink pads.
– Removes and disposes of garbage, cardboard and organic waste into the respective compactors.
– Uses the Electric pallet truck.
– Empties the central vacuum system minimum once per shift.
– Removes dirty mops and provide clean mops.
– Cleans (washing, vacuuming, sweeping) downfeed pipes/dumper attachments/blue cardboard totes/black food waste totes/buckets/Bobst carts/drains/elevators/Brentons/Case packer/cabinets/floors and walls from floor height/Plexi-glass/guards.
– Keeps the wash-up room/sanitation cabinets and mop room stocked and tidy.
– Removes and disposes of garbage in cafeteria.
– Replenish paper rolls.
– Ensures that all machines are locked out before cleaning and powered up after cleaning
– Understands and is WHMIS trained
– Ensures and all plant safety rules are adhered to
– Wears Personal Protective Equipment as required.
– Participates in all TPM training and applies this knowledge to their daily job duties and responsibilities.
– Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act.
The above statements outline principal and routine duties considered necessary to describe the job for the purposes of evaluation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that the incumbent may be required to do.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Bramalea, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-06