OverviewPacific National Exhibition Accounting Clerk Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Pacific National Exhibition
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Create/process orders and invoices for various departments. The Human Resources department of the Pacific National Exhibition is presently recruiting for the…
The Human Resources department of the Pacific National Exhibition is presently recruiting for the following position: Accounting Clerk
Working Conditions: Temporary Part time Term – Sept 1 2015
Wage & Pay Grade
: $22.74/hour (PG 14) Overview:
We are seeking a diligent, analytical and detail-oriented individual that has a passion for Accounting, and the events industry to assist us during our busy Fair period. The Accounting Clerk of the Finance Department will work under the direction of the Accounting Manager and provide support to the Finance team with data entry, reconciling entries and assisting with Accounts Receivables. They will work in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable; coding, drafts, issuing, posting and auditing the aging reports, produce monthly statements, handle collections.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly and prepare the monthly corporate tax return.
- Reconcile bank (CAD & USD) and miscellaneous accounts in a timely manner.
- Create/process orders and invoices for various departments.
- Assist with data entry from sources as requested.
- Assist Accounting Manager with month end processes as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of accounting experience, preferably in an Accounts Receivable role preferred; or have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Enrolment in a 2nd or 3rd level CGA considered an asset.
- Must possess good organizational abilities and be able to maintain a variety of files, records, forms and lists.
- Must have an intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Office Suite with a particular expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an adaptive style to fit a variety of situations.
- Ability to enter data efficiently and check for mathematical accuracy.
- Ability to function with some independence and under pressure and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to assist with other Finance departmental duties as requested.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31