OverviewP2 Energy Solutions DevOps Engineer Full Time in Calgary, AB
P2 Energy Solutions
Branch Calgary AB CA
Amazon Web Services administration. “Empowering the People Who Power the World”….
“Empowering the People Who Power the World”
P2 Energy Solutions empowers the people who power the world. P2 is the world’s largest software and technology company dedicated to the upstream oil and gas industry, with solutions spanning the entire value chain from exploration to decommissioning. More than 1,600 companies use P2 products and services daily to improve decision-making, gain clarity into complex workflow scenarios, and optimize upstream efficiency. With more than 80 years of experience in data and 30 years in software, P2 has offices around the world, and employs over 600 people.
We have a great opportunity for a Development Operations Engineer to join our downtown Calgary office. This position works closely with the infrastructure, database, and development teams to package the software releases of P2 developed applications with a strong emphasis on the automation of these processes. The successful candidate will have demonstrated time management skills and the ability to prioritize assignments.
Candidates in this position will develop broad-based skills to support personal growth and organizational success. The responsibilities and qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required by P2 Energy Solutions.
You must be flexible and excited about working in a fast paced, high performance company; have proven communication and organizational skills; and be willing and able to focus on both internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
The successful employee at P2 is motivated, dedicated, and constantly working to deliver a great experience for our customers.
A Development Operations Engineer is a seasoned, experienced professional member of the software development team with a full understanding of software installation, software deployment, environmental and systems management best practices and techniques. He/she develops professional expertise and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors and demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orchestrate and configure required deployments and environments using selected technologies
- Track and maintain inventory of organizational deployments and environments using selected technologies
- Participate in and contribute to infrastructure and environmental planning, design and product support activities
- Adhere to established best practices, procedures and policies
- Effectively communicate environmental status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or professional designation or certificate
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in Development Operations, Systems Administration or Network Administration
- Strong technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with changing deadlines and priorities
- Virtualization tools such as VMWare, Hyper-V
- Windows server administration
- Amazon Web Services administration
- Software deployment to cloud environments (AWS)
- Automating repeatable process using scripting languages and code to RESTful APIs
- Chef or Docker
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server Release Management
- Coding in .NET and/or Java
- Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS and Oracle RDBMS
Belief in the P2 Values:
- Always be learning.
- When in doubt, talk it out.
- Show up and follow up.
- Create positive energy.
- Think beyond…
Please note: Assessment Testing is required for this position.
We offer a casual work environment, comprehensive benefits plans, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation structure. We have a positive culture designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. P2 is dedicated to individual and corporate growth opportunities – if you are looking for a career, not a job, please apply today!
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10