OverviewOverwaitea Food Group Senior Analyst, Finance Full Time in Langley, BC
Overwaitea Food Group
Branch Langley BC CA
Senior Analyst, Finance
We have an employment opportunity in our Finance Department for a Senior Analyst. This position reports to the Finance Manager….
We have an employment opportunity in our Finance Department for a Senior Analyst. This position reports to the Finance Manager.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts financial analysis to explain variances, observe trends and uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for managing a team and working together in a team environment.
- Reviews financial analysis and reporting prepared by other team members to ensure it meets established standards of quality and is meaningful to the intended audience.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of assigned financial business processes and working with the business, implements action plans to improve their effectiveness – including establishing metrics to measure progress over time.
- Works with Operations to review store financial processes and procedures, ensures they are consistently followed, makes recommendations for improvement and assists to implement them.
- Explains financial implications of business decisions to management, provides financial training and assists with ad-hoc requests.
- Prepares financial requirements documentation for strategic initiatives and represents the Finance team on various project teams, as required, to ensure requirements are met.
- Prepares ad-hoc financial analysis and reports and assists with special projects.
Criteria for Application
- CPA / CA / CGA / CMA designation or equivalent industry experience.
- Over 5 years’ financial accounting experience (accounting, controls, tax, systems), ideally within a retail environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Previous experience managing a team considered an asset.
- Ability to understand, document and evaluate business processes.
- Proven initiative and ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft desktop applications.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems.
- Previous full cycle accounting or auditing experience considered an asset.
Interested applicants can now apply online on or before December 8, 2016
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Langley, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06