OverviewOrica Lead Hand – Grand Prairie, Alberta Full Time in Alberta
Branch AB CA
Lead Hand – Grand Prairie, Alberta
The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization; Lead Hand – Grand Prairie….
– Lead Hand – Grand Prairie
The objectives of this position are to manage the maintenance and distribution functions of the Grande Prairie Site located in AB, Canada in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards. The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of Orica SHE requirements, as well as complete adoption of the CHECKPOINT/WORLDCLASS, and the ISO programs. This position also must maintain good relationships with the local customers, company marketing / technical personnel and suppliers. The incumbent reports to Regional Operations Superintendent for all activities related to maintenance and distribution functions of the Grande Prairie Site.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in management position with operations, and employee/customer
- Ability to analyze/impact financial data utilizing SAP, and Resource Modeling
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and the Internet
- Organization, attentive to detail, time management and quality control
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Federal, Provincial and other applicable regulations
- Mechanical comprehension of operation/maintenance of equipment
- Responsibility for Orica equipment and vehicles
- >$250,000 site with >2 Site Delivery Vehicles
- Class 3 with air endorsement operators permit
- Customer Service
- Analytical Thinking
- Result Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Fast paced workload with time pressure and decision making responsibilities.
- Moderate physical stress with occasional long hours and moderate travel.
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather and also working in office setting.
- Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling and carrying up to 60 pounds.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-01