OPIsystems Inc. Senior Quality Assurance and Test Analyst Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Senior Quality Assurance and Test Analyst
Define and track quality assurance metrics including defect and test execution metrics. Adopt and incorporate quality methods….
OPI Systems is currently looking for someone with Senior Quality Assurance/Test Analyst skills to join our team. This role is responsible for ensuring a high degree of quality for developed solutions by building and executing testing plans and test automation for a portfolio of applications which collect, store, calculate, aggregate and expose big data via web services to external applications including web portals, 3rd party dashboards and mobile applications.
- Testing and Test Plans – Ensure Quality Standards and Procedures are met
- Create and maintain test plans to provide complete end to end test coverage for OPI-Cloud portfolio of applications which collect, store, calculate, aggregate and expose big data via web services to external applications including web portals, 3rd party dashboards and mobile applications.
- Provide testing reports which include functions tested, not tested and bugs/issues found.
- Investigate issues and work with delivery teams to identify solutions and potential viable workarounds to meet project timelines.
- Review issues found in production environments and ensure test plans are updated to test for these.
- Perform regression testing of the applications by executing manual and automated tests
- Maintain the Development of Test environments as required.
- Track and troubleshoot issues reported by application users to identify the root cause, resolve the issue and provide appropriate workarounds.
- Lead automated testing development and execution for system regression testing across multiple platforms.
- Quality Assurance
- Ensure quality across the entire application and environment including user experience, functionality, security, performance, reliability and data quality.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics including defect and test execution metrics.
- Maintain Development, QA and Production and other application environments as required
- Responsible for ensuring quality across the entire application and environment including user experience, functionality, security, performance, reliability and data quality.
- Certify high quality output – ensure there is a consistent quality to the product
- Demonstrates a pragmatic view to quality and successfully balances risk.
- Drives quality initiatives and process improvement within the product development team.
- Contribute actively in all aspects of sprints (planning, discussion, testing, release).
- Work with Developers and Engineers across hardware, software teams understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented and best validated.
- Find innovative and creative ways to execute exploratory testing of hardware, software integration.
- Work with UX Design team to analyze and implement new product features.
- Communicate test coverage “red flags” and anomalies to stakeholders and leadership to aid in making decision for successful product releases.
- Be the voice for quality of the product.
- Create and Maintain QA Control Documentation
- Adopt and incorporate quality methods
- Integrate quality control tools into processes
- Promote and advocate quality achievement and performance improvement
- Identify QA training needs and opportunities
- Provide Updates and Track all Changes
- Write structured communications surrounding live system releases.
- Keep detailed track of all production environment changes, software versions, areas being updated and provide sign-off that all changes meet the established quality plan and have been tested prior to those changes being migrated to production.
- Create and update application documentation such as knowledge bases, known error articles, and operation manuals in collaboration with other technical resources and project staff.
- Setup and maintain performance and uptime monitoring for 24×7 cloud applications.
- Promote application updates across application environments while ensuring that proper change management procedures are followed.
- Deliver quality process training to technical staff and act as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Provide training and ongoing support to users by building reports, dashboards, reviewing the data quality.
- Ensure the cloud services are secure by staying appraised of emerging security vulnerabilities; coordinate with external resources if necessary, and provide mitigation and resolution of identified security issues.
- Manage users, access requests, security settings and access rights for users within the system.
- Other Duties
- Design configuration, integration, provisioning and implementation plans for new cloud services.
- Provide afterhours support as required to ensure proper performance and uptime of applications.
- Support projects in delivering new functionality
- Collaborate with multiple external parties and vendors to resolve application issues, by identifying the issue areas and being the central point of contact for issues which need to be escalation to these Tier 3 providers.
- Degree in Computer Science, IS, Engineering, post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of working experience with application quality assurance and testing in a complex, distributed, scalable web-based and mobile software development environment or similar experience in system integrations, development or system analysis role.
- Demonstrated experience in functional, integration, system, security, performance, regression and user acceptance testing using manual, automated and exploratory testing techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in development and execution of automated testing solution (Selenium, Java).
- Demonstrated experience in black box and gray box testing methodologies; highly experienced in integration testing
- Demonstrated experience leading a testing team
- Demonstrated experience using test/defect tracking management tools (TestRail, JIRA).
- Experience testing on a variety of platforms including web and mobile.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, Windows environments.
- Experience working with agile teams.
- Understanding of the various aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Able to understand the nature and workflow of complex business and technical processes.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to formulate solutions for complex problems.
- Relentless attention to detail, accuracy and functionality.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with hardware and firmware testing would be considered an Asset.
- Experience with databases and data query tools to confirm testing results would be considered an Asset.