Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-04
OpenFrame Technologies Inc. Procurement Officer Full Time in Kirkland, QC
OpenFrame Technologies Inc.
Branch Kirkland QC CA
6-9 years of experience in service and products procurement contracts for large projects and administration of government contracts;…
- The Procurement Officer is responsible for the effective management of various suppliers and processes relating to procurement of products and services;
- Review, perform feasibility studies and evaluate RFP (Request for Proposals) received from the Government of Canada and the Quebec Government;
- Assess requirements and develop specifications. Review quotations, estimate prospected profitability, negotiate contract terms and conditions with suppliers and subcontractors, and award contracts;
- Draft contracts, develop and process appropriate changes and amendments to contracts.
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contracts execution;
- Audit government contract compliance and monitor contracts, delivery and reporting to the government clients;
- Ensure effective management and administration of contracts while mitigating risk by applying knowledge of government regulations and laws;
- Prepare RFQ summaries to track savings achieved. Implement supplier performance evaluations;
- Supervise release of progress payments in accordance with contract terms and administer contract close-outs;
- Contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems and claims;
- Supervise company’s employees and train personnel to develop sound procurement and contracting strategies;
- Develop strategies for expanding the company business activities, in particular government contract-related operations, to Eastern Europe. Knowledge of Eastern European government RFP and contract practices required.
Description of qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce or economics or equivalent work experience;
- 6-9 years of experience in service and products procurement contracts for large projects and administration of government contracts;
- Result-oriented individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills in sourcing and negotiation;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of Eastern European (Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Eastern Baltic States) government RFPs, negotiations, operations and contracts;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Willingness to travel across Canada, United States, Russia, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Byelorussia as required.
Location: Kirkland, Quebec.
Conditions: permanent position, full time, day, 37.50 hours per week.
Social benefits: group insurance, 14 days of paid vacation, 6 days for personal reasons.
Languages: English, French, Russian, Ukrainian (oral and written).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $33.33 /hour