OverviewOntario Lottery/Gaming Security Officer Contract in Hamilton, ON
Branch Hamilton ON CA
Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of position’s supervisor….
Must adhere to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, and other applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations Assist in maintaining good public relations with patrons and maintain an open door policy with all employees. Comply with safety and security standards of the corporation and complying with pre-determined internal control procedures. Security officers are to protect the company’s assets, patrons and employees against theft, fraud, vandalism and abuse.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Security officers are to protect the company’s assets, patrons and employees against theft, fraud, vandalism and abuse in accordance to Internal Control Manuals.
- Perform gaming (verify card count, control access to sensitive areas, assist departments as directed or requested, etc.) and non-gaming (answering phones, log and control lost and found, monitor alarm panels, control and issue keys, maintain daily log, report writing, conduct investigations, etc.) related duties as assigned and required.
- Verify that employees are in compliance with AGCO policies and procedures.
- Operate base radio, dispatch security officers for all escorts, chip/token fills, card or coin deliveries, answer phones and patron inquiries.
- Provide first aid and medical attention as required.
- Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest calibre of customer service and respect to all patrons, employees and OLG personnel.
- Maintain awareness of gaming operation at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of position’s supervisor.
- Post secondary graduate diploma in Law and Security program or a university degree in law or a combination of equivalent working experience and education.
- Requires working experience in the related field of one (1) or more years.
- Possess analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer and software application knowledge is also required.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registration:
- Requires Registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant through the AGCO.
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate is also required along with Smart Serve Certification.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A COPY OF THEIR RESUME ONLINE BY 5:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
OLG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH VALUES DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24