OverviewOmnicell Implementation and Support Engineer Full Time in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
Implementation and Support Engineer
Timely customer product and service feedback to Field Service Management. Degree plus 1 year work experience in a vendor, customer service, field service, and…
Be the Solution. Imagine the Impact.
Since 1992 Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been the leading global supplier of comprehensive automation solutions and business analytics software for medication and supply management across the entire health care continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient’s home. Our dedicated employees and unique culture focused on customer intimacy have garnered us respect and recognition of more than 4000 customers worldwide. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 7,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs. Our dedicated employees and unique culture focused on customer intimacy have garnered us respect and recognition in our industry. Every day, around the world, our people play a vital role in improving healthcare for everyone. Let Omnicell be your solution to a great career and imagine the impact.
Implementation and Support Engineer
Plans and conducts technical tasks associated with the implementation, adoption and support of IV solution sets working with clients and internal resources at the client site or remotely. Manages the technical tasks associated with the implementation, adoption and support of the IV solutions in complex environments assuring the timely and quality completion of the deliverables.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the entire IV Solution product line.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance and emergency service on all products 24 X 7.
- Partners with clients and serves as subject matter expert in planning, executing technical tasks such as configuring formulary elements, conversions, interfaces, integration, issue resolution, assessment of system environment readiness and installation.
- Repair and installation of automation equipment that includes pneumatic controls, digital electro-mechanical servo controls, solenoid valves, PC interface controls and mechanical drive stations.
- Independently troubleshoot mechanical and electrical failures to a component level.
- Mentors and provides technical assistance to client and internal resources.
- Read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Complete documentation with a high degree of accuracy in accordance with FDA regulatory requirements.
- Delivers on-site training for end user customers on all aspects of user, workflow and required customer maintenance functions.
- Coordinate on-site installation and implementation of new products, add-on products, modifications, upgrades, and special projects.
- Demonstrate database knowledge by developing labels and writing custom reports for customers.
- May lead multiple technical projects simultaneously and is the main point of contact for a client in most situations.
- Provides recommendations on the process improvements related to workflow and implementation and adoption processes and leads the efforts to create improvements.
- Promote and optimize customer product ownership, satisfaction and clinical integration through:
- Efficient and effective product installation and implementation
- Timely customer product and service feedback to Field Service Management
- Adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for business expenses associated with Company-issued credit card.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
- Degree plus 1 year work experience in a vendor, customer service, field service, and/or hospital setting or related field experience or product knowledge.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Basic networking skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications and problem-solving skills.
- A Medical Surveillance exam post job offer, periodically during employment, following acute exposures, and upon transfer or termination of employment is required.
- IV clean room environment.
- Capable of standing for several hours at a time.
- Potential exposure to hazardous drugs.
- Able to lift 25 – 30 lbs.
- Position offers approximately 80% overnight regional/national travel.
- Possible international travel – must be eligible to apply for VISA
- Must be able to rent an automobile
- Must have access to personal transportation
NOTE: MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND PASSORT IS A PLUS!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01