Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2017-08-24
Olivieri, a Division of Catelli Foods Corporation Co-op Student. HR & HS Temporary in Hamilton, ON
Olivieri, a Division of Catelli Foods Corporation
Branch Hamilton ON CA
Co-op Student. HR & HS
Provides all departments with up to date training records and maintains accurate training files for Human Resources, Quality Assurance and Health & Safety….
Human Resources & Health & Safety Co-op Position. Fall/Winter 2017 Term
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks and support services in the area of Health and Safety, and Human Resources.
- Maintain accurate Human Resources files for hourly employees
- Active supporter for JHSC. To attend all meetings and serves as a resource to ensure follow up is complete.
- Participates in the company Health and Safety program to ensure worker safety and compliance with relevant legislation and reduce service’s liability.
- Recommend, develop and coordinate as part of the customized health and safety educational programs, the health and safety management system and promote safe work ethics in all areas of the service.
- Conducts worksite audits and program audits of health and safety.
- Responsible for the collection and tracking of the daily Safety Behaviour Observations and affiliated programs; Safety Bingo.
- Coordinates all accident / incident investigations. Monitors internal reporting accuracy, adherence to legislative time lines and emerging trends. Performs basic and root cause problem analysis on incidents/accidents. Responsible for decisions on the need and level of investigation required.
- Delivers existing occupational Health & Safety training to employees such as but not limited to New Hire Safety Orientations, WHMIS, Lock Out-Tag Out and Accident Investigation.
- Provide support to hourly and salaried staff by having a visible presence, promote safety initiatives, goals, objectives, measurements and foster food staff relationships in order to gain commitment from all employees.
- Coverage of front reception and owner of visitor/contractor/agency security policy.
- Partner with HR Manager with respect to involvement in organization-wide HR strategies and initiatives.
- Responsible for the administration of hourly employee recognition programs for both Health and Safety and Human Resources.
- Provides all departments with up to date training records and maintains accurate training files for Human Resources, Quality Assurance and Health & Safety.
- Responsible for monitoring and recording the Attendance line call-ins, and tracking the agency man hours.
- Active member on company Social Committee
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum placement of 4 months
- Working towards the completion of a diploma or degree in Human Resources or Health and Safety related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both oral and written)
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi task and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong planning, organizational skills, accurate, detail-orientated and able to manage multiple priorities,
- Results oriented, able to work as part of a functional team and work independently
- Knowledgeable in Human Resources principles
- Superior administrative skills – MS Office, Internet, Outlook, Excel, Power-Point
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent