OverviewOkanagan Crush Pad Winery Ltd. Manager of Vineyard Operations Full Time in Summerland, BC
Okanagan Crush Pad Winery Ltd.
Branch Summerland BC CA
Manager of Vineyard Operations
Manage the overall OCP vineyard operations. Valid drivers licence/forklift licence, and the ability to operate and maintain all tractors and other farm…
Manager of Viticulture
Okanagan Crush Pad (OCP) based in Summerland, BC, Canada, is the Okanagan’s leader in innovative and natural winemaking and precision organic viticulture.
We are seeking a permanent full-time Manager of Organic Viticulture in a full time capacity to oversee and develop our organic estate vineyards, which include land parcels of 322 acres. A further requirement will be to manage our contract growers who farm 55 acres on 3 different sites.
Okanagan Crush Pad Winery Ltd.
16576 Fosbery Road
- Manage the overall OCP vineyard operations.
- Determine and monitor the crop load.
- Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and grape harvesting activities.
- Hire and manage vineyard personnel
- Develop and keep financial and production records
- Purchase farm machinery and vineyard supplies
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Assist with winemaking procedures after harvest.
This highly motivated individual must have the following attributes.
- 15 years-plus vineyard experience in an upper managerial position.
- At least 10 year continual experience with an ultra-premium Pinot Noir/Riesling/Pinot Gris vineyard in a vineyard manager position.
- Must have 10 years experience in a high elevation cool climate Pinot Noir vineyard at over 1000ft above sea level.
- Must have 10 years experience in organic farming and organic conversion of a vineyard.
- Fluency in either French and/or Spanish will be an asset.
- Excellent human resource skills, and the ability to manage a crew of up to 15 people is required.
- Valid drivers licence/forklift licence, and the ability to operate and maintain all tractors and other farm machinery.
- Ability to manage and care for farm animals.
- As well as Viticulture there will be a need to assist in the wine production phase during harvest as well as busy times in the winery throughout the year and as such we require an individual with no less than 10 vintages of ultra-premium Pinot Noir production in the capacity of an Assistant Winemaker or Vintage Assistant Winemaker. This should be a mixture of Northern and Southern Hemisphere cool climate vintages.
- IT skills at a high level is a necessity, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and the ability to work in-house custom cellar software.
Terms of Employment:
- Employee will be based at Okanagan Crush Pad in Summerland
- Standard work week is 40 hours but will vary according to the season
- OCP has a standard health plan of which we pay 50%
- 3 weeks vacation time per year
- Salary range is $60,000 to $75,000 per year
Only candidates meeting the above listed skill set and with recent relevant experience will be considered for this position.
Three letters of reference supporting work experience, work ethic and management capabilities must be provided.
For more information or to apply contact Matt Dumayne, Winemaker, Okanagan Crush Pad Winery – [email protected] by email only.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Summerland, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-02-19