OverviewOkanagan College Program Assistant Full Time in Kelowna, BC
Branch Kelowna BC CA
Competence and proficiency in the use of computer systems and software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and internet….
Under the general supervision of the Assistant to the Dean, Science, Technology and Health, provides clerical services and administrative support and assistance for faculty programs.
Education and Experience
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent plus up to and including one year related post-secondary training (Office Administration). Over 1 year and up to and including 2 years related experience
Skills and Abilities
– Excellent organizational and time management skills
– Ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail
– Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public
– Maintain interpersonal relationships and exercise courtesy, tact and discretion
– Ability to work effectively as a part of a team and independently
– Maintain confidentiality and deal effectively with the needs of faculty and students
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Ability to multitask, organize and maintain accurate records
– Competence and proficiency in the use of computer systems and software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and internet.
Data entry, data base maintenance experience using HSPNet system would be an asset.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week.
Occasional evening hours will be required.
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate
$36,869 – $42,116 per annum
Support – Regular Full-time
Special Instructions to Applicants
For information regarding this position, please contact the Executive Assistant for the Science, Technology & Health Division, Laura Berntzen at: [email protected]
Please note: Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03