OverviewOkanagan College Clerk IV Full Time in Penticton, BC
Branch Penticton BC CA
Government and Service Employees’ Union (BCGEU). Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent plus up to and including one year post-secondary training in Office…
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Campus South Okanagan, operates a multi-line campus switchboard, provides admissions and registration services for all Okanagan College programs; responds to general inquiries; and assists with the maintenance of student records adhering to Okanagan College policy and procedure. Provides customer service, cashier services, clerical and administrative support for campus administration and continuing studies. Performs other related duties as required.
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent plus up to and including one year post-secondary training in Office Administration.
Over 1 year and up to and including 2 years related experience preferably in a Registrar’s and/or Admissions office at a post secondary institution or equivalent.
Faculty/Vocational – Service:
Faculty/Vocational – Teaching:
Professional Development / Training:
Knowledge of Okanagan College registrar’s office and organizational structure, including programs and services. Knowledge of BC secondary and post-secondary systems, and computerized office practices and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to remain calm and flexible when faced with interruptions and unusual situations in a high volume, fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service, to handle user complaints and or suggestions, and to resolve conflicts
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), internet and other large complex relational databases and software applications, as well as the ability to generate and analyze reports and to resolve difficulties with computer input and retrieval
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated initiative; creative problem-solver with the ability to exercise good judgment
Related Collective Agreement/Policy:
This position is governed by the Collective Agreement between Okanagan College and the B.C. Government and Service Employees’ Union (BCGEU).
Appointment Start Date:
as soon as possible after closing date
Appointment End Date:
March 31, 2016
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$36,160 – $41,305
Required Applicant Documents:
Optional Applicant Documents:
Other Document 1
Other Document 2
Other Document 3
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Penticton, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23