OverviewNTT Data Business Analyst-Regulatory Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Establish and document business processes. As a senior BA, the candidate must have over 5 years of Business Analysis experience on the Business side not an IT…
Top 3 Skills:
1.) Candidate must have experience working within Capital Markets and within Regulatory Services work. This includes Dodd Frank, Volcker, EMIR, and Canadian Swaps reporting.
2.) As a senior BA, the candidate must have over 5 years of Business Analysis experience on the Business side not an IT BA.
3.) Financial products knowledge is required
Day to day:
- accountability for working with front office teams
- Assess and build out data and process flows
- Document and identify gaps in business processes through process mapping to illustrate current and future state.
- Highlighting the impact that the Volcker rule will have on those processes
- Enhancing processes
- Change management component
- Understand of product lines
Manager s wants
- Advanced communication skills
- Dodd Frank
- Emir European Market Infrastructure Regulation
- OSC (Canadian Swaps Reporting)
- Fi experience would be preferred
- Looking for a candidate who has worked in capital markets and has an understanding of the lines of business and product lines.
The main function of a business operations specialist is to maintain vendor relationships, acting as a business analyst for non-IT projects or filling organizational roles above an administrative level, but below a management level. Other responsibilities may include maintaining all project management processes, including project goals, deadlines, metrics and budget. The business operations specialist usually reports to a project manager or director.
Establish and maintain communication services across business units or from the project team to the organization. Maintain the storage and retrieval of all project communications data and business metrics. Review contracts, cost proposals and contract supplements. Set up project and work breakdown structures. Establish and document business processes. Track project budgets and expenditures, monitor transaction controls and costs against budgets. Predict potential budget overruns and offer solutions.
Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage one s time. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods. Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed. Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses. Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel; Enterprise Application experience a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field required.
5-7 years experience required
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23