OverviewNOVA Chemicals Summer Process Operator Temporary in Joffre, AB
Branch Joffre AB CA
Summer Process Operator
NOVA Chemicals is committed to providing educational training opportunities for students enrolled in Power Engineering studies….
NOVA Chemicals is a leading producer of plastics and chemicals that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees develop and manufacture materials for customers worldwide who produce consumer, industrial and packaging products. NOVA Chemicals works with a commitment to Responsible Care® to ensure effective health, safety, security and environmental stewardship.
NOVA Chemicals creates value by focusing on our customers first. We deliver innovative technology and products through service and collaboration, which means we place high-value on our relationships, as well as our research and development.
As a leader in Responsible Care®, we have an unwavering commitment to health, safety, and the environment – including stewardship of our products.
NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is a wholly owned subsidiary of The International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi .
NOVA Chemicals is committed to providing educational training opportunities for students enrolled in Power Engineering studies. Each year we seek to provide work terms to student to complement their academic learning and complete required steam certification. In these challenging positions, you will be a member of the Joffre Site summer operations pool, allowing you to gain valuable operating experience on site. You will apply your technical skills and knowledge in plant operations while focusing on safety, health and environment. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- preventative maintenance of equipment (ie. swing pumps, auto starts);
- preparation and signoff of work permits;
- participation in procedure reviews;
- implementation of changes to operating parameters to optimize unit performance;
- monitoring, reporting, and initiating corrective actions for plant operation in your area;
- participation in safety audits and follow-ups;
- completion of area safety checks, and response to hazards in own area; and
- steam time towards your 3rd class ABSA Power Engineering certification depending on plant assignment.
- a minimum 4th Class ABSA Power Engineering certification (preference will be given to candidates that are currently enrolled in the Power Engineering Technology Diploma program);
- a demonstrated mechanical aptitude;
- a demonstrated attention to safety;
- well-developed interpersonal skills and high levels of personal motivation;
- effective communication skills to deal with a wide variety of operational priorities and work activities; and
- a basic understanding of various acts, codes and regulations appropriate for the position.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Joffre, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06