OverviewNorthlands Event Coordinator, Agriculture Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Event Coordinator, Agriculture
Promote Agriculture Events including investigating promotional opportunities for Agriculture events to recruit exhibitors and guests, putting posters up…
Join Our Team!
For 137 years, we have been Alberta’s largest agricultural society–predating both the province and city we call home. We are proud of our history in agriculture, but we are even more excited about our future. Big things are happening in the next few years and agriculture remains one of our highest priorities. Reporting to the Director of Agriculture, the Event Coordinator is a key player in the upcoming Northlands Vision 2020.
Northlands is currently recruiting for an Event Coordinator, Agriculture to join our team. The successful candidate will assist in the planning and execution of Agriculture events and initiatives, such as Farmfair International, Amazing Agriculture, Open Farm Days, K-Day, Alberta Flavor, Northlands Urban Farm, Northlands Ag Education Program and other Northlands related events.
Duties & Responsibilities (Include but not limited to…)
- Provide administrative and operational support for the department.
- Draft communications and Agriculture department presentations and share event updates.
- Support contract management including sourcing, ordering and receiving services, supplies and prizing for events and programs.
- Assist with tracking expenses, variance reporting, and submitting and paying invoices
- Coordinate duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating agriculture events and programs,
- Source, contact, negotiate and activate deals with potential speakers, contractors and performers for Agriculture events.
- Develop and order event related signage, chattles and floats and create move in information packages for exhibitors.
- Request and organize Volunteers for Agriculture events.
- Assign and book accommodations for contractors.
- Coordinate prize payouts for Farmfair International beef events.
- Produce show flows and itineraries for productions during Farmfair International.
- Liaise with dignitaries and their offices during events.
- Execute youth scholarship program for Farmfair International.
- Research, create, and produce donor listings for events and communications.
- Promote Agriculture Events including investigating promotional opportunities for Agriculture events to recruit exhibitors and guests, putting posters up throughout the community, drafting communication plans and reviewing event websites to ensure accurate information
- Media engagements including radio interviews, on location TV interviews and in studio interviews
- Assist with working with neighbouring countries on initiatives that impact their local economy
- Organize gift certificates for donation from the Ag department and organize sponsorship initiatives
- Apply for Northlands participation as a host for Alberta Open Farm Days and assist with grant applications
Qualifications (You’ve got to come with…)
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized education institution in Event Planning, Marketing, Agricultural Business, Hospitality Management or a related discipline
- Practical experience in an event planning environment is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in the Agriculture industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Join Our Team!
Join the Northlands team and enjoy some great extras such as a comprehensive benefits program, an employer supported defined benefit pension plan, a health and wellness reimbursement plan and chances to win tickets to the events we host including concerts and trade shows. As part of our ongoing commitment to our community, our Day of Sharing program lets staff spend a day away from the office (with pay) to volunteer in the community.
Step 1 – Complete our online application
Step 2 – Fill out our pro.file questionnaire: http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=50438
It will take you approximately 25 minutes to complete. This questionnaire will help us in determining your fit for this role.
Northlands is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working with us. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10