OverviewNorthern Quinoa Corporation warehouse labourer Part Time in Saskatoon, SK
Northern Quinoa Corporation
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Two (2) warehouse labourers are needed at our Saskatoon location. Coordinate bin and warehouse space with shipping and receiving….
Northern Quinoa Corporation is a vertically integrated specialty grain processing company with a head office out of Saskatoon Saskatchewan.
Two (2) warehouse labourers are needed at our Saskatoon location. Both positions will be part time (approx 20 hours per week with the possibility to go full time for the right candidate).
– allocating the movement of grain both incoming and outgoing
– weighing, dumping and loading grain trucks and cargo vans.
– bagging grain (must be able to lift 25 kg bags; repeatedly)
– regular operations and maintenance of grain cleaning equipment, forklifts etc
– Coordinate bin and warehouse space with shipping and receiving.
– Keep grounds and facility clean and tidy
– Recording serial numbers, lot numbers, and other relevant information on internal documents to keep the integrity of producer lots.
– follow and be able to document all in place Standard Operating Procedures, Organic Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices. (training provided).
The ideal candidate would:
– Speak fluent English
– Have excellent communication skills
– Have a minimum of 3 years general labour experience
– Have the ability to work a variety of shifts, as assigned. Days, Nights, Occasional weekend.
– have knowledge of seed cleaning equipment or experience
– have a farm background; with experience handling grain
– mechanical ability is considered an asset
– Have good written and communication skills .
*Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from work.
*Grain processing facilities and grain dust can at times be an issue. Applicants with severe allergies to dust are encouraged to consider this position carefully before applying.
Interested applicants are invited to email, fax or drop off a resume in person.
Although all resumes are appreciated and reviewed; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Wage is negotiable depending on experience.
Skills and Abilities Vehicle, Machinery and Equipment Experience
– Hoists or winches
– Pallet lifters
– Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
– Significant use of memory
– Continuous learning
– Decision making
– Problem solving
– Working with others
– Oral communication
– Reading text
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Bending, crouching, kneeling
– Hand-eye co-ordination
– Attention to detail
– Manual dexterity
– Physically demanding
– Handling heavy loads
– Repetitive tasks
– Fast-paced environment
– Ship orders
– Build pallets
– Customer service skills
– Maintain and organize inventory
– Sort goods
– Pack and unpack goods
– Make labels and attach to goods
– Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
– Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products
– Pick orders and stock
– Stack goods
– Transport and distribute materials and goods
Work Site Environment
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Industrial Warehouseperson Trade Certification
– Forklift Operator Certification
– WHMIS Certificate
– First Aid Certificate
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2014-11-08