OverviewNorthern Health YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS COUNSELLOR Full Time in Prince George, BC
Branch Prince George BC CA
YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS COUNSELLOR
Prince George, BC
It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia….
Under the direction of the Team Leader of APAU/NYTC, and as part of the multi-disciplinary team, this position is responsible for providing assessment, therapeutic intervention and case management for the youth experiencing substance use and/or mental health problems. Provides, support, guidance and education to substances users/ and or mental Health clients and their families as identified through assessment. The incumbent will be expected to work within the framework of Harm Reduction in substance use, promoting the benefits of this approach. This position requires flexibility and a strong commitment to connect with youth in their environment. The incumbent is responsible for the creation of treatment plans and carry out group activities to improve or maintain the youth’s level of physical, mental and social functioning.
– Bachelor’s Degree in a health related science with 3 years experience working with Youth with substance and/or Mental Health issues.
– Food Safe.
– Valid Driver’s License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with patients/residents, family’s co-workers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
– Ability to deal with others effectively.
– Ability to teach.
– Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
– Ability to operate related equipment.
– Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
– Ability to demonstrate confidence in knowledge base problem solving.
– Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
– Ability to demonstrate flexibility and opened mind ness with all aspects of programming.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC’s Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings – this is a true outdoor person’s paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23