OverviewNorthern Health PUBLIC HEALTH INSPECTOR Part Time in Terrace, BC
Branch Terrace BC CA
PUBLIC HEALTH INSPECTOR
Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community….
Under the general direction of the Manager of Public Health Protection, the position is responsible for carrying out a diverse program of environmental health protection. Using a variety of professional and technical skills the position reduces the incidence of communicable disease and health hazards; performs technical assessments; provides consultative and education services; ensures that community development does not conflict with a healthy legislation, policy and standards.
– Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada); preference given to Registered Public Health Inspector.
– Valid BC Drivers License
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Ability to deal with others effectively.
– Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
– Ability to organize & prioritize work.
– Ability to operate related equipment.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Terrace, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24