OverviewNorthern Health Practice Support Coach – Burns Lake (part Time) Part Time in Burns Lake, BC
Branch Burns Lake BC CA
Practice Support Coach – Burns Lake (part Time)
Burns Lake, BC
Demonstrated ability to facilitate, negotiate, network and liaise between and among diverse groups of practitioners and community groups….
The Practice Support Coach is responsible for providing foundational support to achieve Integrated, Accessible Health Services and The Triple Aim (improve the health of the population, enhance patient and provider experience, reduce/maintain costs) by engaging physicians, nurse practitioners and clinic office staff in practice improvement activities and by providing self-management training and support. The Coach will proactively reach out to physician practices, identifying practice improvement opportunities and, through networking and coaching, assist practices to implement various initiatives. The Coach will coordinate with several groups of medical office staff, each comprised of a physician, nurse practitioner and their respective medical office assistant (or other staff, e.g. nurse), to work on quality improvement (QI) within the office practices. The Coach will use QI tools to engage physicians to work towards practice improvement goals and will have significant influence on the anticipated primary health care home teams being implemented across the region. Additionally, the Coach will, in collaboration with NH IT, assist and coordinate resources to support physicians and their staff to move towards the meaningful use of electronic medical records.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Public Administration, Commerce, or Business Administration, or a health related discipline;
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in community development, project management and business case development;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Health systems experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand unique professional differences and how to encourage professions to work together towards a common goal.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, negotiate, network and liaise between and among diverse groups of practitioners and community groups.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and advice to interdisciplinary practice teams.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building diverse range of relationships and partnerships with health professionals, family physicians and community groups/programs/services.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including computer literacy and development of proposals/business cases.
- Ability to maintain professional competency.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact in difficult situations.
- Ability to function with tight timelines.
- Project management skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
BURNS LAKE COMMUNITY
The village is located at the heart of the Lakes District, in the centre of the province, an area boasting 4,828 km/3,000 mi of lake shoreline. It’s surrounded by nature, including some of BC’s largest freshwater lakes, such as Babine Lake North of town. With its myriad of lakes and a half-dozen species of sport fish, the area offers anglers a multitude of choices and opportunities that are nearly endless. Burns Lake offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Burns Lake, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24