OverviewNorthern Health MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES, NW/NE/REGIONAL Full Time in Prince George, BC
Branch Prince George BC CA
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES, NW/NE/REGIONAL
Prince George, BC
It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia….
Oversees the provision of comprehensive human resources services for an assigned Health Service
Delivery Area (HSDA) by supervising staff providing contract interpretation, collective agreement
administration, and grievance investigation and resolution. Oversees selection processes in conjunction
with corporate office and facilitates performance and change management. Works in conjunction with the
Chief Operating Officer and key management representatives to plan, develop and implement strategic
objectives and operational plans for the assigned HSDA. Participates in the development of corporate
policies, services and programs related to human resource issues, and participates as a management
representative in collective bargaining as required. Performs the duties of HR Advisor, when necessary.
Education and Experience
– Completion of a University Degree in Human Resources Management or related field plus five (5) to
seven (7) years of human resource management experience in a large, complex unionized
environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
– Health care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Ability to foster effective working relationships, both internal and external, at all levels.
– Ability to lead change and manage conflict.
– Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization.
– Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of team.
– Knowledge of current employment and labour acts and regulations and collective agreements.
– Knowledge of human resources best practices.
– Ability to problem solve complex issues towards creative solutions.
– Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities or unforeseen opportunities.
– Ability to make fair and consistent decisions.
– Ability to supervise staff.
– Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to others including managers and staff.
– Ability to balance multiple activities concurrently.
– Ability to organize and prioritize work.
– Ability to operate related equipment including computer software applications.
– Knowledge of current health care issues and trends desirable.
– Effective mediation and facilitation skills desirable.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC’s Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings – this is a true outdoor person’s paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23