OverviewNorthern Health COORDINATOR, CARDICA TRIAGE Full Time in Prince George, BC
Branch Prince George BC CA
COORDINATOR, CARDICA TRIAGE
Prince George, BC
Organizational skills to manage data in a timely manner, coordinate processes of care, and. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince…
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, and working with the medical
staff and other Cardiovascular Program Coordinators, the Northern Health (NH) Cardiac Triage
Coordinator takes a leadership role in developing, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating a
cardiovascular waitlist management system. The main responsibilities of the NH Cardiac Triage
Coordinator are related to access and referral to cardiac intervention and/or cardiac surgery. The Cardiac
Triage Coordinator works closely with the British Columbia (BC) HEARTis Program and other
Cardiovascular Program Coordinators at cardiac centres in the province to ensure efficient and equitable
access to cardiac services for all Northern Health patients.
Education and Experience
– Baccalaureate degree in Nursing;
– Five (5) years recent in an acute care setting with strong cardiac knowledge and clinical
assessment skill set;
– Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
– Current practicing membership with the College of Registered Nurses of BC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Computer skills with knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Office and medical electronic record
applications/systems and other relevant software and/or database applications.
– Organizational skills to manage data in a timely manner, coordinate processes of care, and
communicate with multiple stakeholders.
– Basic statistical and analytic skills and ability to interpret administrative data.
– Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
– Ability to effectively prioritize, make decisions, and use critical thinking to manage potentially complex
operational and/or patient issues.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC’s Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings – this is a true outdoor person’s paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24