OverviewNorthern Health COMMUNITY HELATH WORKER Part Time in Chetwynd, BC
Branch Chetwynd BC CA
COMMUNITY HELATH WORKER
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, family, and care team. It is British Columbia’s entrance to the mighty Peace River Country and is…
Under the direction of the Field Supervisor/Coordinator, and clinical direction of the RN Field Supervisor or Clinical Leader, provides home support services to clients in accordance with a pre-established care plan. Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence. Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed.
– Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.
– Registered on the BC Care Aid Registry.
– Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License.
– Use of personal vehicle.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
– Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
– Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
– Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, family, and care team.
– Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
– Ability to organize and prioritize work.
– Ability to operate related equipment.
Chetwynd is located in the foothills of the Eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains. It is British Columbia’s entrance to the mighty Peace River Country and is the natural transportation hub of the Peace River area. The area is rich in oil, gas, coal and timber and the local resources and manufacturing industries reflect these assets. Ranching, tourism and the service sector round out Chetwynd’s diversified economy.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Chetwynd, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18