OverviewNorthern Health ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – UHNBC MEDICAL AFFAIRS Full Time in Prince George, BC
Branch Prince George BC CA
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – UHNBC MEDICAL AFFAIRS
Prince George, BC
The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the UHNBC Medical Affairs Department, Department Heads and related…
The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the UHNBC Medical Affairs Department, Department Heads and related committees.
Education and Experience
– Grade12 supplemented by successful completion of an administrative diploma plus three (3) to five (5) years progressive administrative assistant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
– Completion of a course in Medical terminology an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Excellent interpersonal and organization skills with an ability to deal with staff, physicians and the general public in an effective and professional manner.
– Ability to operate basic office equipment.
– Computer literate with proficient knowledge of Outlook, Internet, Word and Excel.
– Ability to organize and prioritize work with minimal direction.
– Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing priorities and demands.
– Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
– Professional telephone manner.
– Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
– Strong time management skills.
– Ability to type 60 w.p.m.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC’s Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings – this is a true outdoor person’s paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23