OverviewNorthbridge IT Coordinator Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Advanced knowledge of all standard PC software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite etc.). As an IT Coordinator you will work closely with staff from all…
The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada’s leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Toronto office is located in the heart of the vibrant downtown Toronto core. We are easily accessible by TTC, GO Transit, or even on bicycle or on foot for those who live in the city. Just steps from First Canadian Place, and walking distance to great shopping and dining, it is an exciting and dynamic location.
The IT Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Strategic Planning and Governance team. As an IT Coordinator you will work closely with staff from all IT departments, and should have the ability to assist cross-functional project teams in modeling, scoping, developing and implementing solutions.
- Sending out meeting invitations
- Compiling and distributing agendas
- Booking meeting rooms
- Arranging for any resources or other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation.
- Providing assistance with the development of presentation materials
- Preparing and delivering consolidated status reports
- Preparing consolidated time tracking and milestone reports
- Tracking progress against key milestones, updating the budget, and monitoring all project expenses
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a project management environment, preferably working on IT projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Project Management life cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook- managing, creating, viewing multiple messages; scheduling calendars, administrating multiple accounts.
- Advanced knowledge of all standard PC software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite etc.) and Microsoft Project, Visio or equivalent other mapping or planning tools.
- Proficient at planning, organizing, and managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Able to work with long-term perspective in addressing customer or business area problems/issues.
- Ability to foster and build effective working relationships with business areas both inside and outside the work unit.
- Commitment to high standards of performance and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster collaboration among team members and functional areas.
- Excellent knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies.
- Demonstrate a strong analytical, and objective perspective
- Strong understanding of process and workflow management.
- Results-oriented approach to tasks
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty industry, products and terminology is an asset
- Fluently bilingual (English / French) is an asset
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23