OverviewNorth Island College Exam Invigilators (ASD), On-call Temporary in Campbell River, BC
North Island College
Branch Campbell River BC CA
Exam Invigilators (ASD), On-call
Campbell River, BC
Customer Service Excellence. Preference will be given to individuals who have education and/or experience in providing support to students with disabilities;…
As part of its Assessment Services, North Island College is required to provide services to students that include activities such as the invigilation of examinations. From time to time, the services of an Exam Invigilator will be required and may be on short notice. The Invigilator will provide invigilation for Fall and Winter midterm and final examinations for ITV scheduled classes.
You will be notified of assigned shifts by phone, and be required to complete timesheets for payroll purposes. There is no guarantee of hours of work under this temporary appointment. Please be advised that the end date of your appointment is subject to change and could be ended earlier or extended based on the College’s operational or other requirements.
Under Article 1.05 b) of the NIC / CUPE Local 3479 collective agreement a temporary employee with an assignment less than twelve (12) months is excluded from the agreement provisions relating to Seniority (Article 11) and Layoff and Recall (Article 12). The offer of this temporary appointment, on an on-call, as required basis, does not guarantee any type of continued or future employment with the College, neither is there any obligation on the part of the College to assign you available work for which you may be qualified. The ending of a temporary appointment is not a discharge and is therefore not subject to the just cause provisions of Article 10.01.
– Job Knowledge
– Planning & Organization
– Customer Service Excellence
– Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties include commencing, monitoring and ending exams at the scheduled time. Handing out and collecting examination materials and completed booklets and ensuring their secure transmission to responsible faculty. The Exam Invigilator will monitor students completing examinations and will ensure that examination protocols are implemented. Information and training will be provided on the appropriate processes for examination invigilation.
Required Education & Experience
– Grade 12 with knowledge of basic office practices;
– Sound inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to ensure that reasonable expectations of behavior are upheld in an examination situation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
– Preference will be given to individuals who have education and/or experience in providing support to students with disabilities;
– Ability to provide assistance with individualized testing requirements such as: reader/scribe, setting up adaptive software and technology, etc.;
– Ability to monitor start and end times in accordance with examination requirements and protocols;
– Ability to exercise judgment in varying situations where people might be stressed;
– Ability to react appropriately if a student is found violating the Academic Conduct Policy;
– Ability to read, scrutinize and ensure that the correct examination is available and to check valid student card or picture ID ensuring that students are given the right examinations at the right time.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please scan copies of your transcripts into one document for attachment. If your transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach a letter or certificate of confirmation from the educational institution.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Campbell River, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30