OverviewNorth Island College Administrative Support Assistant, Office of Global Engagement Temporary in Comox Valley, BC
North Island College
Branch Comox Valley BC CA
Administrative Support Assistant, Office of Global Engagement
Comox Valley, BC
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, Office of Global Engagement (OGE), the Administrative Support Assistant OGE, provides reception and administrative…
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, Office of Global Engagement (OGE), the Administrative Support Assistant OGE, provides reception and administrative support to the Office of Global Engagement. The Administrative Support Assistant, OGE supports the College’s internationalization strategy and is able to function in a dynamic and diverse cultural context. The Administrative Support Assistant, OGE is aware of the Mission and Values of North Island College, incorporating and practicing the values in everything they do.
– Job Knowledge
– Planning & Organization
– Customer Service Excellence
– Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides in person and online reception to all visitors to the Office of Global Engagement.
2. Provides administrative support to the Office of Global Engagement.
3. Provides information to students and agents about application processes, NIC programs, admission requirements, study permits, medical insurance, tuition fees and NIC’s communities. Refers appropriate inquiries to the appropriate department.
4. Processes, logs, and routes incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence, handling confidential documents and information in a discreet and professional manner.
5. Coordinates travel arrangements for OGE staff, college faculty and visiting colleagues as required.
6. Supports the planning and coordination of visits by agents and foreign delegations.
7. Provides campus tours as required.
8. Monitors record retention and ensure the OGE is in compliance with NIC’s records retention policies.
9. Coordinates the organization of OGE storage areas; regularly reviewing contents of storage and arranges for disposal as required. Orders materials, supplies and equipment for OGE with appropriate authorization.
10. Maintain electronic filing system.
11. Processes invoices, agent commissions and expense claims to Finance.
12. Uses Colleague for updating student arrival information and follows up on student non arrivals.
13. Assists with OGE event planning as required.
14. Conducts basic research using internet and online tools to support OGE students.
15. Maintains knowledge of, and adheres to current Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy regulations, as well as other relevant college policies and procedures.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Administrative Assistant, OGE.
Required Education & Experience
1. One-year Business Administration Certificate required; within an related field of study including Office Administration or Administrative Assistant Applied Business Technology.
2. Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience in office administration; with preference related to service in post-secondary education or working with diverse cultural population.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
1. Proven ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and display initiative.
2. Demonstrated office skills and etiquette including file-management and standard business processes.
3. Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability and desire to work closely with people and groups who come from cultures and language groups outside of Canada.
4. Demonstrated time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
5. Computer software knowledge/experience including MS Office (intermediate proficiency with Word and Outlook; basic proficiency with Access, Excel and PowerPoint), and the ability to do research on the Internet.
6. Accurate word processing skills with at least 50 words per minute.
7. Familiarity with the Colleague Student System (or another Student Information System) and Finance is an asset.
8. Knowledge of post-secondary educational operations, policies and procedures.
9. Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked team environment paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
10. Proven ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
11. Ability to speak and work in a language other than English an asset.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should be prepared for testing
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Comox Valley, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10