OverviewNorQuest College Instructor, Academic Upgrading Full Time in Wetaskiwin, AB
Branch Wetaskiwin AB CA
Instructor, Academic Upgrading
Bachelor of Education Degree. Familiarity with Alberta Education curriculum. Are you passionate about adult education?…
INSTRUCTOR, ACADEMIC UPGRADING (WETASKIWIN, AB)
FACULTY OF CAREERS, FOUNDATIONAL AND INTERCULTURAL EDUCATION
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s largest community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.
Are you passionate about adult education? Do you enjoy the variety of developing curriculum and exploring online learning for adult education? If so, you will enjoy this challenging and rewarding position teaching adults in our Academic Upgrading area.
Our team in Academic Upgrading prepares students for the workplace, skills training or for further post-secondary education through the successful completion of our upgrading courses. We are looking for an experienced and energetic professional to join the instructional team at our Wetaskiwin campus.
Reporting to the Chair of Academic Upgrading, the instructor is responsible for delivering a range of academic upgrading courses to a diverse range of adult learners. Courses are taught in face-to-face, blended and online formats.
At this time we are looking for Alberta Education Certified instructors to teach secondary level Math, English and/or Science courses in either our daytime or evening program. A number of Permanent, Term and Casual positions may be available.
- Plan, prepare for, and deliver instruction in both online and face-to-face settings
- Work with a team to organize and create a learning environment that promotes effective learning at the campus
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with students
- Plan, prepare, and use appropriate assessments
- Participate in applicable educational technology training
- Provide students with specific evaluation and feedback
- Assist with curriculum development
- Maintain appropriate program and student record reports
- Committee work as assigned
- Bachelor of Education Degree
- Valid Alberta Teacher’s certification
- Familiarity with Alberta Education curriculum
- Experience teaching Alberta Education courses
- Demonstrated experience and training in Adult Education considered an asset
- Experience teaching online courses considered an asset
- Experience with Aboriginal Learners considered an asset
- Experience with course development, curriculum design and educational technologies considered an asset
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience. This opportunity also includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plans.
NOTE: This posting will be used to fill a number of permanent, term and casual assignments at the College. Candidates will be assessed as they apply and interviews may take place prior to the closing date.
Our Instructors enjoy extended health care benefits, participation in our pension program, opportunities for growth and development, 3.4 vacation days earned/month, extended Christmas break and many other benefits.
COMPETITION NUMBER : P,T,C-07-15KB, Wetaskiwin
CLOSING DATE: August 31, 2015
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Wetaskiwin, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31