OverviewNordia Human Resources Specialist Full Time in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
Human Resources Specialist
Saint John, NB
Specific skills and training. Ensure the training and support of the front line leaders. Nordia is Canada’s fastest growing provider of customer service…
Nordia is Canada’s fastest growing provider of customer service solutions, with operations in 14 contact centres located in B.C, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. Nordia has been at the forefront of advanced customer service solutions in the telecommunications sector since 1999.
Nordia provides a wide range of support to help customers get the most out of their services and to resolve their problems. Nordia’s services include customer support (billing, service, technical), sales and loyalty, e-chat, directory assistance, teleconferencing, as well as technology-assisted relay services to facilitate communication for hearing and speech-impaired customers.
Nordia is an organization that cares: cares about its employees, cares about its customers and cares about providing the best possible service experience. The essence of what we do is to make it personal for employees and for every customer we interact with. We cultivate an environment of respect, opportunity, support and team work.
Reporting to the Operations support manager, the incumbent has a priority to support the call centre and ensure compliance and accuracy of information from different processes and documents for the call center. The role of the HR specialist is as follows:
- Advise leaders in managing performance, work attendance and disciplinary management
- Assist management in the application and interpretation of the provincial statute in employer/employee relations, as well as in Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Ensure the training and support of the front line leaders
- Ensure effective utilization of processes related to HR programs and policies
- Update employee files and other documents as required
- Complete all administrative documents from various authorities
- Answer questions on Benefits and also from EI
- Follow up on disability leaves
- Evaluate and execute the activities linked to staffing and personnel turnover (hires, transfers, promotions, layoffs, downgrading) all in accordance with the established policies and procedures
- Validate, correct and monitor employee’s benefits payment when on LOA
- Facilitate human resources processes
Specific skills and training
- Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in human resources or industrial relations or relevant experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in HR
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Customer oriented
- Call centre experience is considered an asset
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10