OverviewNoramtec Marine Superintendent Contract in Bull Arm, NL
Branch Bull Arm NL CA
Bull Arm, NL
Participates in weekly review meetings to discuss work progress and area plans in order to resolve problems of schedule delays indicated by trend data….
Noramtec Calgary, on behalf of our client, is looking for a Marine Superintendent for a contract position in St. John’s, NL.
First consideration for these positions will be given to qualified candidates who meet the Newfoundland and Labrador residency requirements.
The Marine Work Superintendent is required to be involved in field level execution oversight as applicable to the construction contractors’ daily work plans. The role is to provide coordination and Owner interface with two lump-sum contractors in the recommissioning of an MGO ship unloading, storage and distribution facility.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Responsible to ensure that all work is conducted with Safety as the number one focus in planning and executing the work.
2. Responsible for marine construction work with a specialty in heavy marine, jetties, ports or terminals assisting in establishing the client’s requirements as it pertains to construction execution plans.
3. Candidates require experience with anchoring systems and associated with jetty construction and wharf infrastructure.
4. Ability to coordinate subcontractors and provide the engineering interface associated with a marine work site.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership ability.
6. Proactive approach to dealing with issues and has the ability to solve problems and to resolve conflicts.
7. Assuming accountability as Owner’s representative in the coordination and oversight of the following functions:
- Marine and Civil: Coordination of the contractor executing construction of a wharf structure with marine piling and concrete decking, retaining walls, coastal erosion protection (armour stone or similar), bollards and water-based dolphins for vessel mooring, site grading and drainage, fencing and perimeter systems
- Mechanical and E&I: Coordination of the installation contractor for piping, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and buildings.
8. Maintaining progress of assigned area and/or contractors.
9. Monitor and audit the performance of contractor personnel in assuring that work is completed according to specifications, plans, construction schedules, applicable safety regulations, and quality requirements.
10. Coordinates with the Project Manager to resolve technical problems encountered during the Marine construction phase.
11. Participates in weekly review meetings to discuss work progress and area plans in order to resolve problems of schedule delays indicated by trend data.
12. Works closely with the assigned Project Controls lead relative to the reporting requirements as per the client’s direction.
13. Responsible for participating in risk and value management in regards to cost and schedule control.
14. Responsible for providing advice on contractual claims.
15. Act as the steward for safety through assisting in the implementation of an effective safety program which meets applicable regulations.
16. Maintain effective relations among the project stakeholders.
1. Five-Ten (5-10) years of experience in the successful management of construction activities on small to medium scale projects.
2. Fully knowledgeable and experienced in the means, processes and methods needed to successfully construct a marine program and associated structures.
3. Marine and cold weather experience.
4. Strong working knowledge of civil marine construction codes, standards, principals and procedures.
5. Effective communication skills.
6. Strong organizational and leadership skills.
7. Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
8. Intermediate computer skills to include the use of Microsoft Office and email.
9. A valid driver’s license.
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
- Qualified candidates must have extensive North American experience and be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer without requiring a work visa.
**When submitting anything pertaining to this ongoing job requirement the following Job Reference must be included as the subject line of all emails.
If you meet the criteria above, are eligible to work in Canada , and are interested in this position, please send a resume in MS Word format to Jessica at [email protected] . Please quote Job ID: 2015-146-74146. We thank all candidates for responding. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
By responding to this post with my resume, I agree to create an account with Noramtec Consultants Inc., I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the Noramtec Consultants Inc. Canada privacy statement and I agree to receive updates on new job opportunities or talent alerts that pertain to my industry .
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Bull Arm, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18