OverviewNiagara Region Registered Nurse Temporary in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Demonstrated commitment to resident/client-centred care and compassion for the resident/client population. Two year current experience as a Registered nurse in…
Practices as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in accordance with Regulated Health Professions Act, Gerontological Nurses Association (GNA) Standards, The Long-Term Care Homes Act, and the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario. In keeping with the philosophy, objectives, polices, and procedures of the Seniors Services Division, provide professional Nursing Care to residents/clients.
Offer direction and assistance to the Registered Practical Nurse and Health Care Aides/Personal Support Workers.
• Diploma from a recognized College, University or School of Nursing.
• Two year current experience as a Registered nurse in long term care nursing is desired.
• Knowledge of resident/client safety issues and demonstrated capacity to apply resident/client safety practices.
• Demonstrated strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to perform comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment and rapport with resident/client population.
• Demonstrated communication skills.
• Ability in conflict resolution and crisis intervention.
• Basic computer knowledge and skill e.g. Word, Outlook.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to cope with change.
• Demonstrated commitment to resident/client-centred care and compassion for the resident/client population.
• A current certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
• This position is classified as an RPT A. Refer to Letter of Understanding – Regular Part Time Committment and Scheduling in the Collective Agreement for commitment details.
Currently scheduled 15 hours nights, and may be required to work days and nights, including weekends
An employee who accepts a temporary posting must remain in the temporary position until the temporary position ends or for at least six months, whichever comes first, after which the employee can exercise any rights s/he has to obtain another position, and with a second exception that the employee shall be permitted to vacate the temporary position earlier if the employee is accepting a permanent posting. Upon acceptance of the permanent position the employee shall not be permitted to apply or be awarded any further temporary job postings for a period of six (6) months.
An employee who is hired into a job posting as a new hire shall not be permitted to apply or be awarded any further postings until the employee has passed their probationary period as defined in Article 14.01.
A vacation relief employee who has been awarded a job posting shall not be permitted to apply or be awarded any further postings until the employee has passed their probationary period as defined in Article 14.01.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: , ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11