OverviewNiagara Region Project Manager Buildings Temporary in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Project Manager Buildings
Ensures projects satisfy required needs by identifying relevant quality standards and ensuring a system of quality control and monitoring is established and…
Approximate Duration: 24 months
Reporting to the Director, Facility Management & Construction, the Project Manager is responsible for administering and managing buildings and facilities projects from initiation to completion, including asset management planning, project evaluation, overseeing and providing input into design, servicing, construction, and operational issues.
• Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in a related field such as Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, or Construction Technology
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation preferred
• Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Facility Management Professional (FMP), Designation or equivalent preferred
• Leadership in Energy and Environment Design AP (LEED AP) preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience demonstrating in depth project management skills in facilities construction with solid working knowledge of construction methods, materials & processes, asset management, and building systems (e.g. structural systems, HVAC, electrical, architectural, energy efficiency).
• Current membership in good standing with Ontario Association of Architects (OAA), Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario (AATO), Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) or equivalent preferred
Project management of facilities construction, renovation, rehabilitation, and lifecycle renewal projects from initiation to completion with responsibility for all aspects of project development including ensuring that projects are completed in a timely manner, within the approved budget, and to the quality standards set by the Region. Initiates projects, determines project scope and goals, identifies project stakeholders and meets with them to determine project requirements, develops project charters.
– Develops, tracks and updates total project budgets, estimates material and resource costs and controls changes to ensure projects are completed within their approved budgets.
– Develops the master project schedule, and monitors and updates throughout the duration of the project to ensure timely project completion.
– Identifies project risks, develops a risk management strategy and controls project risks.
– Ensures projects satisfy required needs by identifying relevant quality standards and ensuring a system of quality control and monitoring is established and utilized to ensure successful project delivery.
– Manages the change management process in coordination with clients, contractors, consultants and other project stakeholders.
– Coordinates the activities of stakeholders, consultants and contractors from inception through to project completion
– Provides direction and supervision to in-house technical support staff on design and construction projects associated with all Regional facilities..
– Provides input into design criteria and contract specifications ensuring the Region’s requirements and objectives are incorporated into designs, including Facility Accessibility Design Standards (FADS) and energy management and sustainability practices.
– Responds to emergencies, complaints, and requests for service, taking appropriate action.
– Prepares applications and permits associated with new facilities and construction projects including building permits, demolition permits, hydro inspections, and Ministry of Labour approvals.
– Ensure projects are closed out effectively including commissioning, deficiency inspections and resolution, turn-over of as-builts and records, and documentation of lessons learned.
– Assists in the development of new standards and policies pertaining to Niagara Region’s Facilities management & Construction division.
– Remains current with new technology and associated techniques on the design, development, and construction of facilities and buildings.
Manages the process required to acquire all goods and services necessary to complete facilities projects including developing Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Prequalifications (RFPQs), Request for Tenders (RFTs), Request for Quotations (RFQs) and other procurement documents, and approving invoices for payment
– Ensures projects are managed in compliance with codes and contract specifications, negotiating changes as needed.
– Reviews consultants’ reports, designs, contract drawings, and specifications to ensure compliance with Regional requirements, policies, and procedures.
Verifies contract payments, progress draws for all contractors, consultants, and suppliers, monitoring project expenditures to ensure completion of project within budget allocation.
– Recommends cost sharing, design criteria, and servicing options.
– Researches and prepares reports and attends committee meetings as required.
Manages relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
– Acts as liaison with all Regional departments having interest in facilities development and solicits feedback, input, and customer concerns for all facilities projects.
– Determines the communication needs of all stakeholders and prepares and distributes communication material such as status reports, schedule and budget information, project forecasts and other information in a timely manner.
– Liaises with government agencies and utilities to keep abreast of relevant legislation and regulations affecting the industry and operations.
– Chairs construction review meetings.
– Organizes and attends public information meetings affecting new facilities.
• In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance
• Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted Driver G license
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges… today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Ontario, CA, US
Posted on: 2015-09-24