OverviewNiagara Region Program Assistant Clinical Services – Vaccine Preventable Disease Full Time in Thorold, ON
Branch Thorold ON CA
Program Assistant Clinical Services – Vaccine Preventable Disease
Additional training in software courses including database, spreadsheet, word processing, and communications software applications….
Approximate Duration: 6 to 9 Months
Provides clerical and administrative support to the various programs withinthe division, through organizing, coordinating, and follow-up. Keyboards and proofreads various reports, correspondence, documents, newsletters, physical file management overheads for presentations, meeting minutes, reports, flyers, and preparation of materials used in the various program areas. Performs a variety of client-focused activities, in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner. Provides answers to callers and visitors to general inquiries about Public Health operations. Fills vaccine orders or prescription related documentation and maintains records related to the ordering and supply or other related supplies.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Completion of 1 year of post secondary education/training in a business or office administration program or equivalent
- Additional training in software courses including database, spreadsheet, word processing, and communications software applications
- 2 years related experience in similar environment where interaction with the public was significant
- Minimum of 3-6 months of experience with medical terminoloy.
- Working knowledge of municipal, public health, and not-for-profit organizations, their structure and services provided.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics/presentation computer applications.
- Must possess knowledge of the Internet.
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
- An annual influenza vaccination is recommended but not required.
- Must be familiar with general office procedures
- Must have exceptional customer service orientation, tact, diplomacy skills necessary to deal with diversity of staff and clients
- Must be results oriented
- Must possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent organization skills.
- Must have strong ability to focus on needs/requirements of the cilent
We appreciate receipt of all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Thorold, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24