OverviewNiagara Region Early Childhood Educator Supply Temporary in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Early Childhood Educator Supply
Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of experience in administering an early childhood education. Completion of a 2 year community college program, with a diploma in…
Please note this position is located at various locations.
Approximate Duration: 24 months
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Plan and implement the curriculum for an early childhood program, conducive to quality care and education, addressing the emotional, physical, cognitive, and social development of children between 0 to 6 years of age. Responsible for the opening and closing of the premises as requested.
• Completion of a 2 year community college program, with a diploma in Early Childhood Education or recognition of equivalency through the College of Early Childhood Educators registration.
• Training in Quality Child Care Niagara Environmental Rating Scale, D.P.S. (Developmental Preschool Screen), documentation and other training as developed in this initiative.
• Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of experience in administering an early childhood education.
• Must possess working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and Regulations.
• Preference will be given to individuals who are fluent (both written and verbal) in additional languages (e.g. French, Spanish, etc.) beyond English, which are spoken within a significant proportion of the population in the local community and in the opinion of the Corporation could enhance service.
• In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check, including a vulnerable sector search, and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
• Must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid.
• Must be a member of the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Health assessment and immunizations as recommended by the local Medical Officer of Health.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: , ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-14