OverviewNiagara Region Business Consultant – Project Management Full Time in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Business Consultant – Project Management
Knowledge of business analysis tools and techniques. Develops and executes formal projects and ad hoc initiatives to deliver information, business analysis, and…
Reporting to the Director, Organizational Performance, the Business Consultant is responsible for providing a full range of proactive and comprehensive business consultancy, advisory and coaching services to organizational departments/leaders, with specific focus on implementing an enterprise-wide project management solution
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Public Administration, Commerce or Economics), or equivalent
- Knowledge of business analysis tools and techniques.
- Project Management Professional designation (PMP), Lean certification or relevant professional designation preferred
- Develops and executes formal projects and ad hoc initiatives to deliver information, business analysis, and improved business results to assigned clients and stakeholders.
- Assumes a project leadership role for the implementation of a sustainable, enterprise-wide project management solution. This will include, at a minimum, preparing project plans, researching best practices and trends, developing prototype practices/procedures, obtaining input and feedback from key stakeholders across the organization, securing necessary approvals to implement, and providing training to project managers.
- Takes ownership of multiple process-focused projects or large complex programs.
- Develops, manages and tracks delivery roadmaps and project work plans.
- Engages external expertise, where necessary, to provide objective subject matter expertise.
systems, procedures and guidelines that provide value-added services to staff across the Region.
- Provides strategic consulting, assisting assigned portfolio in the formulation, to support alignment and achievement of strategic goals at the division, department and corporate level through implementation and administration of sound organizational performance practices as it relates to business process improvement (e.g. lean methodology), quality management, performance measures and key performance indicators,
- Supports the development and execution of client strategic plans and performance goals and business process improvement initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and evolves performance analysis and reporting systems in partnership with various stakeholders, vendors, and other Regional teams.
- Utilizes process improvement methodology (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Performance Auditing and Fair Process) to optimize client(s) processes, costs, and service, identifying root-causes behind client’s successes and challenges and proposing solutions and/or actions to address root-cause issues and improve performance.
- Reviews key deliverables to ensure consistently high levels of quality.
- Defines, measures, and analyzes the key performance indicators and operational metrics to deliver insights and improvement options into strategic, operational, and financial performance.
- Provides objective input into the development of key performance metrics, using industry benchmarks, service standards and other relevant measures.
- Evaluates quarterly and year-end performance against scorecard(s), coordinating information and data that enables operational departments to make informed decisions, through the use of objective and reliable data and advanced analytics.
- Participates in the implementation of Organizational Performance strategies in support of the corporate and division/departmental strategic plans.
- Leads division/departmental, cross-functional teams to resolve challenges and implement process improvements.
- Develops, fosters and maintains relationships internally, providing functional guidance to business and technical team members.
- Identifies, supports and/or provides learning, resources, collaborative opportunities and professional development to client areas to build organizational capacity in key areas of need
- Participates in the development of strategies to assist the Region with the delivery of organizational performance policies, processes and programs based on current business process improvement and performance measurement methodologies and best practices from other sectors, combined with an understanding of the Region’s objectives.
- Contributes to the development of internal systems, procedures and guidelines that provide value-added services to staff across the Region
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ontario, CA, US
Posted on: 2016-10-31