OverviewNiagara Region Advanced Care Paramedic – Full-time and Part-time positions Full Time in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Advanced Care Paramedic – Full-time and Part-time positions
Experience as a Primary Care Paramedic. Certification by the Niagara Base Hospital in Advanced Care practice….
When reviewing the educational requirements for the position you are applying please note the following:
PLEASE NOTE: READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS
All candidates are required to complete and successfully pass a physical evaluation (PET) – the PET will be scheduled February 27, 28, March 1, 2017 and possibly March 2, 2017. You will be required to self-schedule for this evaluation with Niagara College registration (instructions noted below). You are also required to submit your application online for this position and simultaneously register for your PET. If you have taken the PET through Kinetic Health within the past 6 months and obtained a pass for both PET and Lifting you do not need to take the evaluation again. NOTE: The PET must be through Kinetic Health – no other physical evaluations will be accepted.. Should you fail to register for your Physical evaluation and simultaneously apply online to this position you will forfeit the opportunity to advance through the selection process.
The physical evaluation is at a cost of approximately $125 and is at the expense of the candidate. Prior to the evaluation you must obtain medical clearance from your physician. The form will be provided to you from Niagara College when booking a physical evaluation appointment or through the link below. Should you fail to have these completed by your physician for the PET you will not be allowed to take the testing.
The link below takes you to the forms required to complete the testing :
To register please visit the Niagara College website and register online.
Registration for the PET opens as of January 24, 2017 .
The course code is SMNR 1516
Physical Evaluation Test (PET) NEMS Paramedic Testing
Or Via Phone:
Please note that all PET results obtained through KHP Occupational Testing Services in 2017 will be accepted by the Niagara Region. For results to be disclosed to us please contact KHP directly via email [email protected] . An administrative fee will apply.
You will also be required to complete a written evaluation consisting of Knowledge assessment – Clinical and Critical Thinking and Geography. This will take place on March 11, 2017. If you do not pass the physical assessment either the PET or Lifting component or both you will not be required to attend the written evaluation.
You must successfully complete and pass the physical evaluation and meet the benchmarks for the written assessment to continue through the recruitment process. Other subsequent assessments will be; Scenario assessment, CPR and an interview. All candidates must successfully pass each recruitment phase to advance through the process.
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Provide advanced emergency medical care and transportation for ill and injured patients to health care facilities by conducting patient assessments and evaluations, prioritizing and providing patient care in accordance with basic and advanced life support program standards, guidelines, methods and techniques and Base Hospital protocols.
• Current qualifications as an Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) as per the Ambulance Act of Ontario.
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent approved by the Ministry of Education
• Paramedic Program Diploma/Certificate
• Advanced Paramedic program certificate
• Certification by the Niagara Base Hospital in Advanced Care practice.
• Current certification in CPR (Basic Rescuer level).
• Successful completion of BLS Standards Program.
• Successful completion of all Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) Core Mandatory Training to date.
• Knowledge and utilization of pharmaceutical products and medical supplies, instruments and equipment of an interactive and multi-faceted nature.
• Experience as a Primary Care Paramedic.
• Knowledge of physiological and pathophysiological principles, anatomy, pharmacology and pharmakenetics.
• Knowledge of the disaster plans for the Niagara Emergency Medical Services and other pertinent agencies such as the fire department and police department sufficient to effectively manage a major casualty situation until relieved by more qualified personnel.
• Written and verbal communication skills sufficient to perform documentation and related administration duties, as well as to relate to patients, families and other health care professionals in a calm and professional manner.
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of teamwork, problem solving and leadership sufficient to deal with crisis situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Basic computer skills.
• Physical dexterity, coordination and strength, including fine and gross motor skills and a demonstrated ability to perform patient extrication, positioning, lifting and carrying techniques to rapidly access, treat, convey and manage patient conditions under frequently awkward, difficult and unpredictable environmental conditions.
• Work is performed independently within established work procedures, department procedures and safety procedures, as well as within regional policies and procedures, Base Hospital protocols, Ministry of Health Basic Life Support Standards, the Ambulance Act, the Radio Act and the Mental Health Act.
• In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance.
• Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted class
We appreciate receipt of all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25