OverviewNiagara Region Accounting Clerk II Cash Receptionist Part Time in Thorold, ON
Branch Thorold ON CA
Accounting Clerk II Cash Receptionist
2 year College Diploma in Accounting or Finance with additional courses in Accounting. Financial Management & Planning….
Financial Management & Planning
Please note this position is currently under job evaluation review which could result in a change in the rate of pay.
Accountable to all Regional departments and Regional customers for the accurate and timely processing of cash and cheques arising from billings as well as non-billed cash receipts including follow up and maintenance of related files. Safeguards assets and maximizes interest earnings through timely processing.
• 2 year College Diploma in Accounting or Finance with additional courses in Accounting
• Minimum 1 year experience working in an environment which processes a high volume of cash, cheques and EFT’s
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a computerized accounts receivable environment with excellent knowledge of accounts receivable processes and controls
• Experience with Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) encoding machine
• Experience with Microsoft applications: Excel, Outlook and Word
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of banking procedures including pre-authorized payments
• Excellent knowledge of accounting procedures and practices
• Excellent analytical and judgment skills
• Excellent organizational skills to prioritize workload
• Strong attention to detail/accuracy is a must
• Excellent time-management sills
• Diversity & sensitivity training an asset
• In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
Please note that this is a Bargaining Unit position.
We appreciate receipt of all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Thorold, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23