OverviewNFI Industries Sales Manager Full Time in Surrey, BC
Branch Surrey BC CA
Familiarity with Transport Canada/DOT trucking regulations (Hours of Service, Claims etc). Experienced in, selling temperature control transportation solutions…
The Outside Sales is responsible to the drive business growth of brokerage by effectively soliciting both customers and carriers in a defined marketplace. Furthermore, the outside salesperson will be responsible for successfully transitioning customer and carrier relations into the centralized operations and sales support in the Mississauga Headquarters . This position reports to the Vice President of Brokerage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively Develop and Manage Customer & Carrier Relationships.
- Generates business leads internally and externally.
- Skilled Negotiation of Rates & Services with clients for FTL (vanload, refrigerated, and flatbed), LTL, and Intermodal services.
- Ensures proper positioning of brokerage services within NFI network.
- Responds to sales inquiries and provides pricing on transactional based business and RFP/RFQ’s as well as corporate pricing proposals where brokerage is a facet of that response.
- Ensures proper follow up and management of all loads by operations staff.
- Breaks through internal obstacles that limit growth/service consistent with NFI deliverables.
- Responsible to manage client relationships including sales meetings, quarterly business reviews, and entertainment such as lunch / dinner / events.
- Uses available industry tools and relationship to identify potential customers.
- E nsures a clear communication of service expectations to operational staff managing the business.
- Fosters growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all NFI Departments and willingness to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- BA or BS Degree preferred
- 3-5 years Brokerage experience preferred working with domestic truckload, LTL, and intermodal shipments
- Experienced in, selling temperature control transportation solutions for perishable goods
- Has a sales/growth orientated mindset associated with organic growth and new client solicitation
- Familiarity with Transport Canada/DOT trucking regulations (Hours of Service, Claims etc)
- Proficient in using MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in fast paced environment that involves learning and using multiple applications and handling a high volume of phone calls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic Knowledge of TMS programs used for brokerage services
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on shipment volume
- Willingness to travel regionally 2-3 days per week as needed
- Ability to be able to schedule 8 regional sales calls per week
Family owned and operated since 1932, NFI Industries is an industry leader in logistics, transportation, and distribution services. We deliver unique and progressive solutions, service, and relationships to each of our clients across the globe.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and get rewarded for your performance? NFI is committed to you!
- Career advancement opportunities
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, energized atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, prescription, disability, and life insurance coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- We invest in you – ongoing training and development
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01